Keen to become part of a truly global, collaborative team of professionals? Your journey begins here.
HRIS Solutions Specialist
Birmingham or London
HRIS Solutions Configuration Manager
35 hours per week, 9:30am to 5:30pm but additional hours may be required. We are happy to consider agile and flexible working patterns and are piloting a hybrid working approach, please contact a member of the recruitment team to discuss further.
Hogan Lovells is one of the leading global law firms. Our distinctive market position is founded on our exceptional breadth of our practice, on deep industry knowledge, and on our ‘one team’ global approach. Formed through the combination of two top international law firms, Hogan Lovells has over 40 offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. With a presence in the world’s major financial and commercial markets, we are well placed to provide excellent business-oriented advice to our clients locally and internationally. Our people are the key to our success, which is why we seek to recruit and retain the most talented individuals in all regions of our global practice.
In the UK Hogan Lovells has offices in Birmingham and London. The Birmingham office opened in 2015 and has a number of practice areas including Corporate/Commercial, Disputes, Finance and Real Estate, as well as our Legal Delivery Centre and business services departments. The office has recently trebled in size and moved into a new fitted out space in the Colmore Building.
The People Team work with partners and senior Business Services leaders to support all aspects of our people’s careers, from recruitment to retirement to help the firm deliver on its vision,
We aim to create a compelling employer brand to attract the most talented people and provide them with the support they need to perform at their best throughout their careers
We work to develop a culture that is diverse, inclusive, and respectful, so everyone feels supported and valued and can play their part in helping the firm realize its vision.
The HRIS team forms a major part of the People function’s transformation team. The team operates on a global basis to manage our People Systems, the largest of which is HL People (driven by Workday technology). HRIS serves as a liaison between the functional owners (HR Operations) and the technology to facilitate system administration and efficient processing. The team is responsible for enabling the core HR administration function, salary/compensation, time and attendance, absence, and payroll. These activities are supported globally, across 40+ offices in 20+ countries.
The HRIS Solutions Specialist works closely works closely with the Global HRIS Lead, HR Managers, and HR Business Partners to help support and maintain the human capital data in the firm’s People management platform (based on Workday). This position focuses on data integrity, strategies to provide information to employees and managers, and implementation projects. In addition, the HRIS Solutions Specialist assists the Chief Human Resources Officer and HR Managers with projects as required.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for multiple functional areas of the firm’s Workday systems
- Be the internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Workday Security; review and maintain security policies across the tenant and contribute to security requirements on all projects and functionality enhancements
- Support other team members in building knowledge of functional areas of expertise including security
- Support stakeholders with requirements gathering and specification definition for business processes
- Provide support and back up to the HRIS Solutions Manager on routine maintenance tasks and projects
- Coordinate system enhancements across functional areas and departments, as necessary
- Troubleshoot moderately complex customer and system issues, including error messages, login difficulties, access denials, and data issues in HRIS systems; work closely with IT and/or vendor technical support as needed
- Respond to work tickets issued by Technology Support or end users and troubleshoot where required
- Assist the HRIS Solutions Managers with data cleanup activities
- Support design/structure of data in Workday and the integration with external (non-Workday) systems
- Coordinate data architecture changes/additions with the IT department’s Information Management team
- Lead human resources related projects and support ad hoc requests as needed
- Perform other duties as and when requested
- All members of the firm participate in our Responsible Business program
Experience, Qualifications & Skills
- Experience maintaining and configuring a Workday-based HRIS system
- In-depth hands on configuration knowledge of HCM, Recruitment, and Security using Workday
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated; Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience configuring Workday
- Experience working in Human Resources preferred
- College degree preferred
Agile Working Statement
Our goal is to embed flexibility across our business by giving everyone the opportunity to work in an agile way, whether as a regular pattern or on an ad hoc basis, and we will be happy to discuss this further.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Hogan Lovells to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.