The People Operations Generalist role is responsible for providing an exceptional employee experience during an employee’s life cycle from onboarding to offboarding. The role is an integral bridge between the People Operations team and the wider HR teams to support our business and employees. The People Operations Generalist role is an integral part of the People Operations team, seamlessly delivering all aspects of the employee experience to the business by partnering with many stakeholders throughout the organization.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 25% – Community Support
- Develop trusted relationships with business leaders and employees
- Point of contact for employee questions and requests, and escalate to stakeholders as necessary
- Run, manipulate, and distribute reports for regularly scheduled and ad hoc requests to appropriate parties, including business leaders and HRBPs
- Manage education on procedures pertaining to system management and processes (position management, req creation, job profile cleanup project, and other areas)
- Working alongside other HR functions to ensure a smooth employee experience for current, new and existing employees of Horizon.
- 40% – Employee Lifecycle Operations
- Work with leaders and HRBPs to process job changes in Workday ensuring correct information is entered in a timely manner to meet business objectives and for payroll to process. Inclusive of processing Manager Changes, Department Transfers, Promotions, Compensation changes and Bonus payments.
- Timely completion and assistance of requisition management following the correct process and procedures for assigned communities (creation, closures, movement) ensuring the record reflected is the most up to date
- Ensure data integrity and cleanup between HR systems
- 15% – New Hires & Onboarding
- Provide new employees with resources and internal tools to ensure they are set-up for success on their first day at the organization (company intranet links, help-documents, how-to resources)
- Identify and analyze patterns and implement solutions to ensure a seamless new hire experience
- Lead and continuously evolve new hire preboarding and Day 1 orientation through analyzing feedback alongside stakeholders and streamlining experiences for new hires across US and Canada (manage onboarding logistics, new hire communications, internal updates)
- 15% – Employee Offboarding
- Manage employee off-boarding process including Workday workflow, communication with employee, conduct exit interviews, and create separation agreements
- Ensure accurate tracking and completion of offboarding tasks (payroll notifications, exit surveys, IT tickets)
- Assist with involuntary departures by creating severance agreements and exit packages according to departure details and in compliance with company policy.
- 5% – Additional Responsibilities
- Participate in special projects as required
- Complete employment verifications, as needed
- Ad hoc projects and tasks.
EXPERIENCE and Skills Required
- 2-3 years’ experience in HR related field preferred
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality and integrity
- Think expansively and creatively to independently solve problems
- Ability to make quick connections and build solid business relationships
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Use of critical thinking and effective troubleshooting
Horizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
$58,500.00 – $65,000.00
A successful applicant’s actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure/certifications, and equity. As an organization, we take an aptitude and competency-based hiring approach and offer a competitive total rewards package to our employees.