From day one, our mission has been to create an independent business with a unique culture – one that is controlled by the people who work for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people has always been key to our success.
People come to Howden Group Holdings for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture. That’s what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities – work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, volunteering – you’ll find like-minded people driving change at Howden Group.
About the Role
Here at Howden Group Holdings, we are transforming the way we deliver HR services to our business and this is an exciting time to join our evolving HR function as we look to drive commercially aligned and strategic HR support to our stakeholders.
As the HR Systems Manager, you will be the owner of the portfolio of HR Systems and accountable for the management and development of systems functionality to drive an effective employee life cycle. The purpose is to enhance processes, contribute to an outstanding employee experience as well as supporting and enabling managers.
Furthermore, the role leads on developing best practice functionality across the systems landscape in HR, bringing in external knowledge and experience to ensure Howden stays at the fore of HR technology.
The successful incumbent will bring with them the prior experience of embedding Workday and will have experience of working in fast-paced, highly commercial and entrepreneurial environments.
- Develop, lead and maintain the HR systems roadmap, driving the agenda in line with the business priorities and our HR cyclical calendar
- Lead the roadmap for the global deployment of Workday by partnering with our Workday partner to successful deploy Workday in countries
- Lead day to day activity of the team, managing, upskilling and mentoring the team to support their growth and development
- Work collaboratively with the Data & Reporting Lead on educating the business on how to use reports and data to make effective business decisions
- Develop and maintain the release management roadmap, leading on the release cycles throughout the year, implementing new functionally to enhance our current setup
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, influencing and managing change and acting as a trusted technology advisor
- Working in partnership with IT on how we can improve our HR integration landscape
- Partnering with Workday customers, to understand and share best practice for Workday as well as partnering with Workday directly on early adopter programs and having an influence in their new products
- Carrying out regular checks on the HR Systems security model and running audit reports in preparation for Audits and ensuring GDPR compliance is strictly followed
- Support the maintenance of multiple HR-related data feeds (inbound and outbound) including development, issues analysis and resolution
- Reviewing trends of usage on Workday and planning and executing how we target populations/areas to improve stats
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- An inquisitive and challenging mind, with an interest in questioning and improving the “as is”
- Proactive, “can do” attitude with high levels of motivation and drive and the ability to work independently without high levels of supervision
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while managing multiple deliverables
- Solid communication skills; ability to synthesise and communicate information from a wide variety of sources
- Strong interpersonal and engagement skills; ability to deal with senior stakeholders throughout the business and able to present information in a clear way to different audiences
- A proven team player with the ability to lead
- International Workday experience is essential
What do we offer in return?
A career that you define.
Yes, we offer all the usual rewards and benefits – including great healthcare provision, a wide variety of wellbeing offers, competitive salary, generous pensions and more – but we know you expect all that.
What you might not expect is a job where everyone has a voice, where volunteering in the community is part of the day job, and where everyone is encouraged to play a part towards our sustainability goals. We want people who want to make a difference – not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
Our Culture: People First
We are proud to be at the global table, but we are most proud of our culture. It has been built on a single and constant set of principles over more than 25 years, and it has helped us become:
An international group with independence and people at its heart
A home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group. David’s vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture; one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden Group Holdings we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Additional Job Details
Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)