From day one, our mission has been to create an independent business with a unique culture – one that is controlled by the people who work for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people has always been key to our success.
People come to Howden Group Holdings for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture. That’s what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities – work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, volunteering – you’ll find like-minded people driving change at Howden Group.
Here at Howden Group Holdings, we are transforming the way we deliver HR services to our business and this is an exciting time to join our evolving HR function as we look to drive commercially aligned and strategic HR support to our stakeholders.
Reporting to the HRIS Manager, this role will focus on support, configuration and maintenance of all Workday modules as well as delivering a comprehensive and professional global Workday/HR technical service to managers and employees in line with our Service Level Agreements to ensure the smooth day to day operations.
Furthermore, the role supports the development of developing best practice functionality across the systems landscape in HR, bringing in external knowledge and experience to ensure Howden stays at the fore of HR and Payroll technology.
The successful incumbent will bring with them the prior experience of working in fast-paced, highly commercial and entrepreneurial environments. Additionally, you will have experience of delivering beyond the day to day and working with the HR Leaders and other Centres of Expertise to deliver wider HR strategic initiatives and priorities.
- Assess requirements, perform impact assessments, design and build technical solutions to fulfil business requirements and promote the best possible user experience in Workday
- Support on Workday Payroll system changes and upgrades
- Support on assessing and impacting changes from the bi-annual Workday releases
- Perform detailed manipulation of complex data via tools such as spreadsheets and EIB’s
- Develop and deliver reporting from within Workday
- Support with maintaining the ongoing design, configuration and deployment of Workday
- Support new system implementation project and cross functional initiatives
- Support automation and process improvements within Workday
- Maintain the available employee guidance ensuring all content is accurate, up to date and fit for purpose
- Support training and engagement to ensure our key stakeholders are fully utilizing Workday
- Provide support for ad hoc projects as required
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality and ensure GDPR compliance
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the HR and the company maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Workday modules of Payroll, HCM, Absence, Reporting
- Excellent payroll experience and knowledge
- Excellent technical skills across a wide range of technology products
- An inquisitive and challenging mind, with an interest in questioning and improving the “as is”
- Excellent operational skills e.g. processes, procedures, data analysis
- Client focused
- Collaborative and supportive
- Works with others to deliver results
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver results
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Ability to manage service standards
What do we offer in return?
A career that you define.
Yes, we offer all the usual rewards and benefits – including great healthcare provision, a wide variety of wellbeing offers, competitive salary, generous pensions and more – but we know you expect all that.
What you might not expect is a job where everyone has a voice, where volunteering in the community is part of the day job, and where everyone is encouraged to play a part towards our sustainability goals. We want people who want to make a difference – not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
Our Culture: People First
We are proud to be at the global table, but we are most proud of our culture. It has been built on a single and constant set of principles over more than 25 years, and it has helped us become:
An international group with independence and people at its heart
A home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group. David’s vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture; one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden Group Holdings we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Additional Job Details