From day one, our mission has been to create an independent business with a unique culture – one that is controlled by the people who work for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people has always been key to our success.
People come to Howden for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture. That’s what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities – work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, volunteering – you’ll find like-minded people driving change at Howden.
Workday Technical & Integration Lead
Location: Hybrid (onsite in London two days a week)
We are looking for an experienced Workday Technical and Integrations Expert to join our HR Information Systems team. In this role, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of the Workday platform, ensuring its optimal performance, and developing integrations to enhance its functionality. This position is based in London and requires onsite presence two days a week.
- Configure and maintain Workday technical settings to align with business requirements
- Implement and optimize Workday business processes, custom fields, and calculated fields.
- Design, develop, and maintain Workday integrations with internal and external systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather integration requirements and implement solutions.
- Work with the business to map existing integrations and ensure relevant security is applied.
- Proactively identify and resolve technical issues within the Workday environment.
- Work closely with end-users and support teams to address and resolve integration-related problems.
- Create and maintain custom reports and dashboards in Workday to support data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborate with HR and IT teams to understand business needs and provide technical expertise.
- Look for process optimisation and automation opportunities and work with the business on continuous improvement
- Stay current on Workday releases and updates, assessing their impact and implementing new features as applicable.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Workday Technical and Integrations Expert, including configuration and development.
- Strong knowledge of Workday integration tools such as Workday Studio, EIBs, and Cloud Connect.
- Proficient in Workday Report Writer and calculated fields.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Workday certification is a plus.
Our Culture: People First
We’ve travelled far since opening our first office in 1994. Back then we were local experts – based in London, with direct access to the world’s biggest insurance market. We’re still locals, and we still deliver the right advice and the right insurance to our clients. But now, we’re local all over the world. With 15,000 global colleagues and a partner network spanning more than 100 territories, we are the largest independent insurance broker in the world. But our values haven’t changed since day one, when we set out to create a company grounded in:
• An employee-ownership model
• Aligned external investors
• The trust and integrity born of friendship
Our focus on being a people-first business has always been at the very heart of Howden. Our vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture; one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. Our employee ownership model sets us apart in the market. It’s created a culture of collaboration and innovation, where we’re driven to think bigger and empowered to challenge convention.
Our flat structure and entrepreneurial spirit help us attract the best people and empower them to be the best version of themselves. And when we bring in and nurture great talent, more follows. That makes us better – and that’s better for everyone.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.