Singapore – 79 Robinson Road #13-01, Singapore 068897
From day one, our mission has been to create an independent business with a unique culture – one that is controlled by the people who work for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people has always been key to our success.
People come to Howden Group Holdings for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture. That’s what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities – work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, volunteering – you’ll find like-minded people driving change at Howden Group.
Recruitment Business Partner, Asia
(based in Singapore)
Here at Howden Group, we are transforming the way we deliver recruiting services to our business and in this newly created position as a Recruitment Business Partner, you can truly make a difference to our organisation.
As part of the recruitment team, you will provide highly visible and effective end to end recruitment solutions to find the best talent for our business. You will ensure we’re attracting and retaining the highest calibre diverse talent to build the strategic capability we require as a business in the future. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking progress their career within an organisation where there is real opportunity to make an impact, growth and development to build a successful career in a fast-moving and transformational business.
Reporting to the Head of Recruitment and joining a relatively newly formed recruitment function, this position is key to drive recruitment best practice and high-touch business partnering support as we look to embed and promote our enhanced recruitment model for the group internationally. The successful incumbent will bring with them the prior experience of embedding consistent recruitment practices internationally and will have experience of hiring in a fast-paced, highly commercial and entrepreneurial environments. Additionally, you will have experience of delivering beyond the day to day and working with the Head of Recruitment and other Centres of Expertise (CoE) to deliver wider HR strategic initiatives and priorities. In summary, this a great opportunity for a highly commercial, internationally-minded and progressive recruiter to join us on an exciting journey as we look to transform the way we recruit internationally.
- Embed the centralised recruitment model across designated business areas and internationally
- Work with senior stakeholders to build the recruitment team brand and encourage managers to engage with the recruitment team at all levels
- Lead on strategic Talent Acquisition initiatives, working with other CoE’s & HRBP’s, which align to the wider integrated HR Plan built to drive business growth and a high performance culture
- Own the end to end recruitment process for your client groups, from initiation through to on-boarding and pre-hire
- Be an employer brand ambassador for the group, delivering a first-class candidate experience at all stages of the recruitment process
- Work closely with the wider HR team and line managers at all levels to ensure a detailed understanding of resourcing needs
- Pro-actively source talent for a selection of your vacancies using a range of channels (Social media, online forums and CV databases etc)
- Build a comprehensive suite of assessment tools and evolve as and when required
- Be an active contributor and influencer in the recruitment process, providing best practice advice to hiring manager, advising on appropriate selection methods, leading interviews and influencing decisions to ensure an inclusive hiring process
- Produce regular reports for HR teams and wider business using a set of agreed recruitment metrics. Ensure D&I features in this
- Coach recruiting managers to improve interviewing, assessment and selection competence. Educating the wider business on the group’s recruitment approach, challenging where appropriate
- Maintain the Workday Recruiting ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for all roles to ensure accurate reporting
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Be an experienced recruiter with an eye for spotting great talent – both for current and future roles
- International recruitment experience is essential
- Ability to think strategically beyond the daily BAU requirements i.e. support the Head of Recruitment on delivery of strategic initiatives and projects
- Be an enthusiastic and collaborative team player with a strong drive and ambition to create a positive work environment and to deliver results
- Commercial awareness and a demonstrable ability to understand stakeholder groups
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, being able to generate a quality pipeline of candidates under tight time constraints
- Strong attention to detail and be able to work independently
- Be able to adapt your style, think on your feet and have a can-do mentality
Our culture: People First
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are a group with independence and people at its heart and we are a home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group; Our vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture and one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. And finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
What do we offer in return?
A career that you define.
Yes, we offer all the usual rewards and benefits – including great healthcare provision, a wide variety of wellbeing offers, competitive salary, generous pensions and more – but we know you expect all that.
What you might not expect is a job where everyone has a voice, where volunteering in the community is part of the day job, and where everyone is encouraged to play a part towards our sustainability goals. We want people who want to make a difference – not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
Our Culture: People First
We are proud to be at the global table, but we are most proud of our culture. It has been built on a single and constant set of principles over more than 25 years, and it has helped us become:
An international group with independence and people at its heart
A home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group. David’s vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture; one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden Group Holdings we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Additional Job Details