Humana is a Fortune 60 market leader in integrated healthcare with a clearly defined purpose to help people achieve lifelong well-being. As a company focused on the health and well-being of the people we serve, Humana is committed to advancing the employment experience and vitality of the associate community. Through offerings anchored in a whole-person view of human well-being, Humana embraces a focus on stimulating positive individual and population changes while nurturing a sense of security, enabling people to live life fully and be their most productive.
Against that backdrop, Humana is seeking an accomplished human resources leader for the position of Associate Vice President (AVP), Human Resources Business Partner. This newly created position will specifically support two of our corporate business areas: Digital Health and Analytics (DH&A) & Information Technology (IT). Reporting to the Vice President, HR Business Partner for Corporate Functions, the AVP will lead the people management agenda in close partnership with the DH&A and IT leadership teams, by applying broad experience in various HR areas of expertise. This position requires consumer orientation and an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the enterprise.
While Louisville or Washington DC are the preferred locations for this position, other locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Relocation is not required.
- Serve as the aligned HR leader to the DH&A and IT Management Team members, accountable for all aspects of the Human Resources and Talent agenda for these segments.
- Serve as the DRI (directly responsible individual) for the “Skilled” Initiative as part of the overall IT Strategic Priorities. This entails partnership with IT leadership, consulting partners and fellow DRIs to ensure success of the program from a talent enablement perspective, while leading and directing a cross-functional work stream team including change, communication, learning, talent acquisition, and HR business partner resources. Specific focuses for remainder of 2021 and into 2022 include: creation and execution of specific upskilling/re-skilling plan for associates across IT; and creation and implementation of IT talent pipeline approach that includes strategies for both a robust college recruiting program and a phased approach to impact IT’s contractor to associate ration.
- Lead the HR and Talent Agenda to actively support Humana’s digital transformation by partnering with business leaders across Digital Health & Analytics (DH&A) to build, foster, mature, and diffuse the diverse capabilities needed to firmly establish Humana as a Digital Health Leader. Example capabilities include advanced analytics enabled by artificial intelligence and machine learning; platform innovation and engineering; and product management, experience design, and experience engineering.
- Lead the HR team for DH&A and IT to execute the people management agenda. This includes a team of 3 direct/indirect reports and multiple matrixed/aligned resources including compensation, talent acquisition, org effectiveness, communications, learning, etc.
- Provide timely and proactive guidance and counsel to business leaders on matters involving human capital (i.e., staffing, org design, compensation, performance, talent management, succession planning, change management etc.).
- Build strong business relationships with the business areas.
- Serve as a conduit for HR requests and solutions to/from the business unit and facilitate the involvement of appropriate HR subject matter experts to support specific business issues.
- Implement best practices and support the delivery of HR processes at the business unit level.
- Identify gaps in talent or organizational capabilities, propose and implement changes necessary to cover risks.
- Act as the performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in people management.
- Lead the change management projects and manage the HR related internal and external communication.
- Spearhead the implementation of new/updated HR programs or large-scale projects for the business and support technical/operational procedures and processes.
- Actively participate in the design and execution of the strategic plan for the business areas.
The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a human resources or business-related field of study and will possess extensive experience as a human resources generalist or as a leader of a highly-matrixed, large-scale analytics, data and technology business org. Experience with large scale transformation and/or cloud migration at scale is highly desirable. He/she will also have proven strategic planning experience, along with exceptional consulting and influencing skills.
In addition, the following skills, qualifications, and personal attributes are sought:
- Agile certified – preferred
- Strong background in organizational design, talent management
- Experience in standing up a new organizational capability for Fortune 100 company
- Experience in the technology industry is highly desirable.
- Deep knowledge of human resources policies, procedures, and best practices
- Experience with the Workday platform
- Expertise with coaching and mentoring at the senior management level
- Demonstrated project management/change management experience
- Well-versed on emerging trends and best practices in the human resources field
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the polish, poise, and executive presence that will ensure effective interaction with senior and executive level audiences
- Experience in a large (Fortune 200) company with a complex organizational structure
- Highly collaborative mindset and excellent relationship-building skills
Scheduled Weekly Hours