Louisville – KY
The Executive Compensation Lead is a dynamic role that requires a highly motivated and intellectually agile individual. In addition to leveraging your analytical and technical skills, you will be asked to apply business and finance acumen as well as organizational/behavioral comprehension to complex business challenges. Demonstrates advanced, comprehensive knowledge of compensation theory and best practices. Through diligent observation, participation and research, you will develop an understanding of business needs and objectives and then assimilate and evaluate information to generate insights and guidance within the organization.
- The Executive Compensation Lead will:
- Advise and influence aligned business leaders to develop functional strategies and recommend options that further our compensation philosophies
- Manage multiple executive compensation processes; review, analyze and improve program offerings, as appropriate for executive population
- Assist in the analysis and development of materials for the compensation committee meetings
- Conduct and participates in executive compensation planning and market evaluation and make appropriate recommendations for individual executive level leaders, as appropriate
- Have frequent opportunities to actively participate in initiatives, processes and projects where we evaluate effects, value and opportunities for improvement by quantitatively and qualitatively measuring them against internal and external benchmarks. Because you will be interacting with leaders in a variety of disciplines, another critical aspect of this role is the ability to effectively articulate and communicate enterprise-wide policies and practices.
- The strength of our team is built on the collective ability to work together in a rigorous, complex and matrixed environment, and there are ambitious goals and expectations. Accordingly, there is a need for a robust capacity to manage multiple undertakings and be able to transition priorities quickly.
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and work under minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Human Resources or another similar field.
- 5 or more years of demonstrated compensation experience
- Complete understanding of regulatory requirements/restrictions related to compensation in such areas as labor, tax, FASB, SEC, FSLA, etc., with specific focus on an SEC-regulated entity’s executive compensation programs and designs
- Quality and outcome-focused, technical expertise/experience with executive compensation design and implementation as well as proxy statement/CD&A related experience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to tell a story, draw insights and make recommendations utilizing data
- Experience using Microsoft Office products while being proficient in Excel and advanced in PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering compensation solutions in support of business objectives
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Dedication to accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven organization
- Previous experience working within a team-based atmosphere with shared responsibility
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments while working with various departments to obtain data
- Highly organized and self-driven with an ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Proven consultation skills, both internally with the compensation team as well as with internal business partners
- Experience advising senior leaders on executive compensation matters
- Compensation experience supporting a public company/corporate environment
- Previous Workday experience
- Directly applicable knowledge of the health solutions industry
- Directly applicable knowledge of the design of executive compensation plans, including equity based plans
- Deep analytical reporting experience
- Progressive business/HR consulting and/or operational experience
- Prior experience analyzing data and metrics to inform executive compensation design changes
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
• Work-Life Balance
• Generous PTO package
• Health benefits effective day 1
• Annual Incentive Plan
• 401K – Immediate company match
• Well-being program
• Paid Volunteer Time Off
• Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana!
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field. Every associate and contractor who work inside a Humana facility or in the field, regardless of vaccination status, must complete a daily health-screening questionnaire. Please note: Some areas of our business, such as the Primary Care Organization including CenterWell, Conviva, Kindred at Home, onehome, SeniorBridge, Neighborhood Centers, Pharmacy Distribution Centers and others, may be required to adhere to federal, state or local or additional workplace guidelines.
Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense. A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required. Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role. A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Social Security Task:
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours