If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
IDEX HEALTH & SCIENCE, LLC
IDEX Health & Science is the global leader in life science fluidics, microfluidics, and optics, offering a three-fold advantage to customers by bringing optofluidic paths to life with strategic partnerships, solutions, and expertise. As one of the few companies in the world with component, sub-system, and application level experts, IDEX Health & Science helps instrument developers solve the most demanding fluidic and optical challenges in a wide array of applications. With over 1,200 employees around the world, we believe partnership will change the way the world innovates, leading to new technologies that improve our health, protect our planet, and enrich our lives. For more information visit: www.idex-hs.com
The HR Manager will report directly into the HR leader for IH&S Fluidics and will also interact with and support other leaders across other IH&S Fluidics sites. This position is full time at the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with leadership team to execute the human resources and talent strategy for current and future needs, recruiting, retention and succession planning.
- Manage talent acquisition needs for the site, including interviewing, sourcing and hiring qualified candidates.
- Drive learning and development programs
- Primary ownership for administration and management of all Leaves of Absence, including Worker’s Compensation.
- Primary ownership for all non-exempt and some exempt level employee relations.
- Process new hires/terminations; respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts new hire orientation, Benefits Open Enrollment and Wellness Screening.
- Assist with annual Engagement Survey processes.
- Provides customer service for Operations associates related to general work issues and systems support. Escalates issues of serious nature.
- Review and ensure accuracy of all new hire, medical, and current and terminated employee data and files.
- Administer Company communication program including new hire postings, new hire orientation, internal job opportunity program, employee referral program, regulatory postings, etc.
- Create and generate a variety of reports for internal consumption, for communication to parent company and for various regulatory purposes.
- Participate in the plant safety committee program.
- Responsible for timely input of Workers Compensation and OSHA reporting in Safety System (Archer).
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge/Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field or equivalent experience
- At least 7+ years of prior HR Generalist/Business Partner experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to maintain as confidential key employee and business information.
- Original/out of the box thinking and ingenuity to solve problems. Proactive
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project. Excellent organizational skills.
- Agility in switching gears multiple times per day.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Experience with HRIS – Workday experience preferred.
- Employee Relations: Knowledge of the broad range of relationships that
could impact an employee, employer, or applicant. This includes
knowledge of federal and state laws, company policies, practices and
ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate, and recommend an
appropriate resolution to an employee and labor relations' complaint.
- Performance Management Principles: Knowledge of tools, methods and
practices used to link the relationship between business goals and
individual performance objectives, competencies, skills, and knowledge.
Ability to coach managers and employees on planning, tracking,
reviewing and enhancing performance as well as career planning and
- Safety and Health: Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing safety
- and health programs; Knowledge of worker's compensation processes
- and ergonomics. Leadership experience in safety committees.
- Employment Law: Knowledge of regulatory laws that affect employment.
This includes an understanding of ADA, FMLA, and Title VII/Civil Rights
Special Working Conditions:
The physical/mental capabilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, i.e. telephone, computer, fax, etc.
- Ability to travel to domestic locations and locally on an occasional basis.
- Must be comfortable working in both an office and manufacturing environment, moving throughout all of the facility.
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com OR call us at 847-498-7070- Job Opportunities.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
The compensation range for this position is $90,100.00 – $135,100.00, depending on experience. This position may be eligible for performance based bonus plan.
Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include: Health benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program with company match, PTO, and more. More information on our benefits and rewards can be found on our career page: https://www.idexcorp.com/careers/our-benefit-and-rewards/
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.