Are you an experienced human resources leader who has a heart for serving God with Southern Baptists' missionary sending organization?
The International Mission Board, a nonprofit religious organization headquartered in Richmond, VA, is in search of our Vice President, Human Resources in Richmond, VA..
As the VP, Human Resources, you will oversee and direct all aspects of human resources for close to 4,000 people, including our 3,500+ personnel around the globe and our teams in the United States. You will get to align HR strategies with overall business goals and objectives while anticipating future HR needs and proactively planning for them. In this role, you will identify and mitigate HR-related risks, including those related to employee relations, legal compliance, and workplace safety. You will lead the charge to develop an HR budget that supports our work in the United States and around the globe. It’s a big job, and as such, you’ll be leading a team of Senior Directors and the Prevention and Response Administrator.
- Develop and execute the IMB’s Human Resources budget and strategy in support of the company’s core values, global strategies, and targets, specifically in the areas of Total Rewards (Compensation, Benefits, Retirement), Workday HRIS, Policies, Employee Relations, Succession, Recruiting, Change Management, Employee Engagement, Employee Relations, and Performance Management.
- Oversee and direct all aspects (Strategy, Budget, People, Process) of Field and Staff Human Resources, including Member Care, Medical Clinic & Coordination, HIPAA Compliance, TCK Education, Benefits, Compensation, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Workday Management, Retention, Employment Law Compliance, Policies and HR Operations.
- Oversee and direct all aspects of the Prevention and Response Administration, including Policies, Background Screening for employment and volunteers, Training, Victim Care, Investigations and Related Outcomes.
- Collaborate with Field Personnel Deployment (missionary candidates), Mobilization (volunteers) and Legal teams.
- Participate as a Core Team member in providing senior leadership and other senior leaders informed of human resources matters and serving as a strategic advisor regarding people strategy and operations.
- Inform and coordinate with the HR Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Active SBC Church membership
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification
- 8+ years experience,
- Ability to travel often, including internationally
- Live in or be able to relocate to the Richmond, VA area
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills – you should be able to analyze HR data to identify trends and areas for improvement, and to resolve conflicts at an individual and organizational level
- Project management skills – you must be proficient at leading organizational change initiatives
- Communication skills – you can influence stakeholders of various levels through your speaking and writing
- People management skills – you have proven experience in assessing workforce needs and developing strategies for recruitment, retention and succession planning
- Integrity – you adhere to high ethical standards in HR practices, understanding employment laws and ensuring fairness, equity and compliance
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA benefit plans (and more!)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with employer match up to 8%!
- 21 days of accrued PTO + 11 holidays + the week between Christmas and New Year’s paid off
- See our complete Benefits Package for Full Time Regular employees here