LIFE AT IMC AS AN ACCOUNTS PAYABLE / RECEIVABLE MANAGER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology – At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support – Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC is looking for an Accounts Payable / Receivable Manager to join the US Finance team. The Finance team operates closely with our Trading and Technology teams to manage the liquidity required to run a high-performance organization.
- Oversee the end-to-end A/P and A/R, invoice management, and prepare payments to vendors per payment schedules.
- Review and approve expenses in Workday to ledger accounts and applicable cost centers by analyzing and processing invoices and employee expense reports following the IMC chart of accounts.
- Ensure vendor invoices accurately reflect contract terms and SOW.
- Manage and oversee vendors, including timely responses to vendor inquiries.
- Finalize incoming and outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivable data.
- Oversee the accounts payable/receivable staff, including developing and managing, and provide support and answer questions when needed.
- Assist in yearly 1099 processing.
- Perform other accounting duties/ad hoc projects as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field is required
- Has proficient knowledge of commonly used accounts payable/ receivable concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with implementing a new automated account payable process and system
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to train and undertake a leadership role within the accounting area
- Workday experience preferred
- Professional demeanor and ability to use discretion when working with confidential material
- Collaborative and able to build and sustain relationships with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and excellent documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and deliver on deadlines
- Flexible, conscientious, and easily adaptable to constant change
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.