LIFE AT IMC AS A FP&A MANAGER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology – At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support – Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
Working as a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager within the Chicago finance team, you have an opportunity to learn our business from the ground up. Key responsibilities include leading the annual budget process, maintaining quarterly forecast schedules, and providing monthly cost reporting. In this role, you will drive direct business impact through financial analysis and reporting.
What you will do:
- Own the annual budget process, coordinating across several teams and communicating updates to internal stakeholders
- Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), especially those relating to financial metrics, and identify the cause of any unexpected variances
- Create presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating cash flow forecasts
- Provide monthly cost reporting to our trading teams, highlighting changes and providing insights
- Develop financial models and analyze them to support strategic initiatives
- Dive deeply into financial data and become a subject matter expert in providing additional insights
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting
- Support finance and operations teams with data-driven analysis
- 5+ years of relevant experience in FP&A or similar analytical role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Analytics, or a related field
- An entrepreneurial mindset, ambition, and outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to mine large sets of data from multiple data sources to identify trends/variances and to structure sophisticated reports and financial models for decision support
- Experience using a budget and forecasting tool (i.e., Adaptive Planning) to build out budget models
- Experience with SQL or similar
- Programming language experience, preferably Python, is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Retrieve, consolidate, and analyze data from ERP System (i.e., Workday)
- Professional accounting/finance designation (MBA, CPA, CFA, etc.) is a plus
- Broker-Dealer or financial services experience is a plus
- Dedication to maintaining strict confidentiality with respect to highly sensitive information
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.