LIFE AT IMC AS A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology – At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support – Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the US Accounting team. The Finance team operates closely with our Trading and Technology teams to manage the liquidity required to run a high-performance organization.
- Take ownership of the monthly close process by delivering consistent and accurate closings.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for multiple entities.
- Assist and back up in the accounts payable and treasury management functions.
- Document and deliver support for various regulatory and financial audits.
- Analyze account fluctuations at the entity level on a monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Engage in various system improvement initiatives, along with general efficiency improvements.
- Manage inter-company recharges and allocations.
- Update and maintain procedural documentation.
- Collaborate with mid-office and analytics teams to produce reliable and timely reporting.
- Facilitate process improvement to reduce closing cycle time.
- Perform other accounting duties/ad-hoc projects as needed.
- 3-7 years of public accounting experience, experience in the financial services or technology industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification required
- Experience with Workday preferred
- High proficiency in Excel required; Qlikview and SQL experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and effective communication skills (oral and written) at all organizational levels
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- A proactive attitude and an out-of-the-box thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.