LIFE AT IMC AS A SENIOR TAX MANAGER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology – At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support – Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC is looking for a Senior Tax Manager with federal, state, and local expertise to join the Finance team as IMC’s US business activities expand. The ideal candidate is a motivated, curious, and detail-oriented tax professional that seeks to convert diverse industry experience into a tailored tax environment at a fast-paced/competitive private company.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare federal and state quarterly tax estimate calculations for corporate entities
- Manage the outsourced US tax compliance process with external tax advisors. Preparing, reviewing, and filing US federal and state tax returns
- Prepare and file local indirect tax returns such as Illinois Use tax & Chicago Lease Tax
- Familiarity with information reporting such as 1099s, 1042s, etc.
- Research and apply tax laws and regulations to support tax return positions, audit defense, tax planning, etc.
- Coordinate with tax authorities on audits
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments and potential effects on the firm
- Identify new tax credits and opportunities for savings
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and automation
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional departments such as Accounting, Legal, Finance, etc.
- 6-8 years of experience in public accounting or financial services. Trading industry experience is preferred
- CPA required
- Corporate income tax experience is required
- High-level knowledge of partnership income tax experience preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP rules
- Broad knowledge of indirect taxes
- Knowledge of international taxation/transfer pricing required
- Familiarity with various tax credits such as federal R&D, international FDII & Illinois EDGE
- Knowledge and experience with ASC 740 tax provision process
- A desire to expand expertise to taxes relating to payroll and benefits
- Experience with Workday and Bloomberg Tax preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.