LIFE AT IMC AS WORKDAY ANALYST
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology – At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support – Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
Workday Finance Analyst
IMC is searching for a smart and enthusiastic Workday finance professional to join our Chicago team and play a key role in helping IMC finance team grow for the future. In this exciting role, you will connect with key finance and procurement users in our Chicago office and collaborate with our global team in the Netherlands and shape the finance system so it meets the growing needs of our business. With an innovative mindset you will use your knowledge of best practices to automate as many finance and procurement processes as possible. Joining an experienced team you will not accept the status quo and you will enthusiastically seek to improve the experience of all users. Having experience in configuring Workday financials you will have good knowledge of Workday’s business process, reporting and analytics. You will have the opportunity to learn from the best Workday minds out there, be involved with Workday design groups and fast follower programs, and have the freedom to shape the finance system for the future. Working in a young, dynamic, tech driven company you will be at the heart of taking our finance teams to the future.
What you will do:
- You will work together with our global finance automation team in the Netherlands to bring finance automation solutions to our US region
- You will work closely with all of our Finance and Procurement teams in Chicago to gain a deep understanding of our finance and procurement processes
- You will be hands-on, using our existing technologies of Workday and RPA tool (Automation Anywhere) to bring these automation ideas to life
- Collaborate and align the regional and global configuration
- You will help create the finance organization of the future
What you will bring:
- Experience working with at least two of the Workday modules used at IMC (Core Financials, Procurement, Expenses, Asset, Customer invoice)
- Understand basic finance and accounting concepts.
- In depth knowledge of Workday business process framework and report writer.
- Experience of building bots using RPA technology such as Automation Anywhere is a plus
- Experience with python is a plus
- Thirst for learning about Finance technology innovations and systems
- Self-starter with strong analytical and communication skills
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.