Fort Pierce, FL
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The qualifications and skill requirements for this position include:
- Associate degree and a minimum of one-year proven work experience in data analysis (higher education institutional research or student services preferred);
- Proven skills and experience in data management and analysis of large datasets;
- Ability to maintain strict accuracy and be detail oriented;
- Strong organization and time-management skills with experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines;
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently as well as with others and be self-motivated;
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with diverse populations including students, faculty, staff, supervisors/administrators, and members of the community;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis in Excel, required;
- SQL query tools preferred.
- Strong commitment to the college mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential job functions and responsibilities for this position relate to assisting IR personnel with the collection, management, analysis, and communication of data and information associated with the Perkins V Grant. In addition, maintaining close working relationships with Perkins, CTE (career and technical education), and data team members at the College and using the College’s web-based learning management system and other data tools are essential.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in data collection and analysis related to student enrollment, Perkins special populations, CTE program concentrators, and outcomes related to the Perkins V reporting requirements.
- Communicating data, information, and analyses effectively to those involved with the grant.
- Learning to retrieve necessary data from SQL databases and Workday reports in order to collect and organize the data needed for each project.
- Utilizing Excel and SQL to perform analyses of large data sets.
- Completing FERPA certification and exercising judgment and discretion regarding student and employee privacy.
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships across areas of the College that deal with Perkins policies, data, and students.
- Learning IRSC policies and procedures.
- Staying abreast of current and emerging issues related to Perkins V Grant and the College, as well as learning state reporting definitions of the Florida College System that relate to Perkin data.
- Completing other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
This position requires an ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, reach up, stoop, carry items occasionally in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds, and to work for extended periods at a computer station. It also requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as, computer, copier, fax, telephone, and other equipment as necessary. IRSC expects its employees to follow proper safety standards while employed by the College.
Temporary With Benefits (Fixed Term)
Compensation and Application Deadline
Pay range starts at: $19.31/hour | All salary calculations start at the minimum salary and will be based on candidate’s education and experience | Grant Funded | Open until filled.