HR Testing / Quality Assurance Lead
Location: Guadalajara SSC, Mexico
Reports to Program Manager, HR Digital Solutions, Vendor Management, Insights & Reporting Services
The HR Testing & QA Lead will lead testing and quality assurance for Ingredion HR applications and platforms, with a focus on HR process, workflow, data integrity and application security. The ideal candidate will possess deep functional expertise with core HR processes, major HRIS applications (such as Workday HCM, ServiceNow HRSD) and employee experience solutions. S/he will collaborate with Global Process Owners (GPOs), Solution Architects, Continuous Improvement Team, and other GSS team members to support analysis, process/systems improvement, upgrades and data management.
S/he will establish/refine testing methodology, standards and tool/templates to test system changes in a consistent manner, and elevate solutions quality. This is a hand-on Lead role, that will perform process/systems testing, as well as manage testing serviced delivery from team members.
- Define / refine HR testing methodology for HR processes and systems including, but not limited to Workday HCM, ServiceNow HRSD, PowerBI.
- Develop quality assurance standards, and related testing tools / templates for test planning, test scenarios/scripts, issue management, and other testing activities
- Manage all testing activities on projects and operational solution improvements – test planning, resource / task allocation, testing services delivery, status updates, issue/risk management and related tasks.
- Partner with various HR, IT, Vendor and GSS teams to plan and execute testing activities in alignment with the Governance process
- Manage resources effectively to ensure utilization is maximized, aligned to plan, budget and to timeframes
- Collaborate with GPOs, Solution Architects, and other internal / external project team members to understand requirements and user stories; coach testing team in outlining testing approach, mapping out test scenarios and cases, reviewing test scripts, testing data management and designing overall testing plan.
- Identify test automation opportunities, then develop and implement automation scripts
- Lead a variety (function/system/user acceptance) of testing services delivery; perform hands-on testing if/as needed
- Accountable for services delivery quality – review and approve teams’ testing deliverables
- Provide leadership and guidance to testing team on best practices
- Coach and mentor team members in developing HR process and systems testing
- Serve as point-of-escalation for testing services delivery challenges; lead team members to address issues and meet services SLAs (time, quality, effectiveness) and established performance expectations. Engage Sr. Management / Leadership teams as needed
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Computer Science, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in testing and quality assurance for software applications – process / systems testing, data / reports testing, audits, function testing, user acceptance testing, test planning, test scenario / case / script writing, testing data and environment setup, testing documentation, issue tracking and management
- 1+ years of experience as a HR or other software applications testing lead
- Multi-lingual fluency: Advanced English (Required) plus one or more of the following: Spanish, Portuguese
- 3+ years of experience in HRIS, HR Shared Services or Operations; including knowledge of core HR processes and/or policies
- In addition to HR processes and systems testing, must have experience testing HR data/reports, define data audits and drive data quality
- Must have significant HR process knowledge in the following domains – Core HR and Employee Data Administration, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Compensation.
- 2+ years of experience testing with modern HCM solutions such as Workday / Oracle / SAP HCM, ServiceNow HRSD
- 2+ years Project Management experience – developing project plans / workplans, estimate work effort, status reporting, issue/ risk management etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a distributed global team environment
- Experience / ability to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders – GPOs, Solution Architects, IT teams, Vendors etc.
- Proficient in use of applicable HR technology and MS Office, especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work non-standard business hours, in a global business environment
Desired Requirements, Behaviors and Attributes:
- HRIS Analyst or Testing experience with Workday HCM and ServiceNow
- HRIS Analyst or Testing experience on a new HCM platform implementation or major project(s)
- Experience leading / defining testing approach to deliver positive employee experience outcomes
- Experience with automated testing tools, including developing automated test scripts
- Hands-on experience with Workday data entry and transaction processing. Understands the flow of data and system integrations
- Business Process Design experience
- Change Management experience
- Strong customer service and team collaboration orientation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability
Ingredion is a Fortune 500 public company, provider of ingredient solutions that helps nourish, comfort, sustain, and delight people around the world. Ingredion’s wide range of ingredient solutions is strategically designed to address changing consumer trends and preferences. Our specialty portfolio includes starch-based texturizers, clean and simple ingredients, plant-based proteins, sugar reduction and specialty sweeteners, and food systems. Our innovative ingredient solutions are used by consumers in everyday products, from foods and beverages to paper and pharmaceuticals. And we do it all in a planet-friendly sustainable manner.
We bring the potential of people, nature, and technology together to make life better.
That’s our purpose. We are all IN to make life better!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.