Atlanta Support Center
This role is responsible for supporting the enterprise HR Operations team. Additionally, this position supports the company’s Human Resource compliance efforts to manage risk and comply with industry best practices while adhering to federal, state, local and laws and regulations.
Responsible for effective leadership on projects and daily work that champions a culture of engagement, drives for business results, ensures compliance and incorporates practices and processes that are proactive, agile and scalable.
Lead compliance and business driven initiatives, collaborating closely with other business units and HR teams, while leveraging applicable tools and technology. Manage initiatives from the planning & design phases through implementation and change management, accounting for immediate and long-term impacts to various business functions and HR Centers of Excellence (COE).
Manage vendor relationships, to ensure compliance with contract and established metrics. Work with vendors regularly to ensure services are being provided as outlined in the contract, vendor platforms are maintained and compliant. Determine ways to enhance provided services to improve performance to meet future business requirements.
Leverage and support the development of tools and technology (case management, knowledge management, time tracking, Human Capital Management, etc.) to improve compliance, enhance service levels and identify strategies opportunities and objectives.
Providing support and compliance training to HR functions and operations; act as a lead partner in ensuring compliance awareness, analysis, reporting, and auditing of programs and processes at an across Inspire Brands Operations and Support Centers, and within the HR Operations team.
- Ensure Inspire Brands stays compliant by updating and implementing policies and programs.
- Partner with HRBP and Operations to ensure compliance training is facilitated, executed and completed per state regulations.
- Develop and provide support to the HR Operations team with HR compliance related reporting and analysis leveraging HR systems and vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to multiple teams (HR Business Partners, HR Solutions Center, HR COEs, Payroll, Operations, etc.) on various employment law requirements and procedures.
- Maintain status of subject matter expert (SME) on compliance and absence related topics such as Background Checks, Onboarding, Offboarding, Employment Law Postings, PTO, Sick Leaves, etc. across processes, programs, practices, policies, system configuration, etc., applying continuous process improvements.
- Manage background check program and review pre-adverse action information, partnering with the HR Solutions Center as needed, ensuring consistent and compliant decisions throughout Inspire Brands.
- Create and implement processes to ensure I -9 / E Verify compliance across Inspire Brands. Provide ongoing support to the HR Business Partners & HR Solutions Center team.
- Research employment laws for various topics to ensure compliance. Topics including but not limited to: Minor Employees, Paid Sick Leave, Wage & Hour, Onboarding Notice Requirements, Separation Notice Requirements, Minimum wage, etc.
- Monitor legal requirements and develop / implement programs including change management to the HR Business Partners / Operations Team.
- Create and implement auditing procedures for various topics including but not limited to: Background Checks, Minor Employee Requirements, I-9 / E-Verify, etc.
- Research and effectively correspond both verbally and in writing to routine and non-routine requests from outside federal, state and local agencies, and attorneys on behalf of the company, partnering with leadership as needed. Identify potential gaps in processes and work to correct accordingly.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
- Independently prioritize, drive and accomplish high volumes of multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Lead and manage various projects and process improvements such as system upgrades, compliance configuration changes, and acquisitions, and provide regular metrics, reporting and executive summaries as needed.
- Develop and execute testing plans and scenarios for applicable systems.
- Lead and manage additional projects or work as assigned or required.
- 4 year degree in Human Resources, Business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources experience supporting large (10,000+) employee populations, ideally focused on policy compliance and employment law
- Prior Workday Experience required
- Prior Project Management Experience preferred
- Must have strong organizational skills, analytical ability and intermediate MS excel skills
- Strong understanding of HR systems is necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collectively
- Experience working in a fast-paced, customer-oriented culture
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail with willingness to ask questions
- Ability to quickly shift between strategic and transactional level thinking
- Ability to problem solve and drive results
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use sound judgement and maintain confidentiality of information
- Continuous Learning
- Strong working knowledge of employment policies, procedures, guidelines and philosophies
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong ability to build trusting relationships
- Excellent collaboration, and decision-making skills
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes more than 11,200 Arby’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, SONIC Drive-In and Jimmy John’s locations worldwide.
We are creating a family of brands with maverick qualities, each with their own distinct positioning, guest experience, and product offering. Our brands are diverse, distinctive, and fan favorites. In a sense, you could say we seek those who provide something different than the norm.