Costa Rica, San Jose
Come join a dynamic, fast-paced team. The LAR Payroll Program Manager is responsible for the delivery of pay and benefits in the 7 LAR countries. This includes the management of the regular payroll, variable pay programs, foreign assignment payroll, and payroll tax.
Manages programs of large (may be global) scope, impact and complexity through all phases of the lifecycle that are focused on development, implementation or upgrade of internal customers, technology, products or processes. This may provide secondary or indirect support of customer product.
Manages interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders.
Has decision making authority at the program level.
Handles cross organizational programs of broad scope and high complexity or of broad scope and moderate complexity usually managing a core team that manages function specific teams.
Sets direction for programs directly related to corporate policies or important business operations to meet strategic goals of significance.
Leads the core team and guides performance of functional teams. Is the key interface with stakeholders and leadership internally and externally.
Sets and refines project objectives.
Assigns overall tasks to others managing general areas of responsibility in support of program goals.
Exercises judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
Recommends or sets business strategies or corporate policies and deviates as appropriate. Oversees identification of tasks and research, dependencies, costs; assigns resources, and communicates expectations to core team members.
Creates/tracks/adjusts the program schedule.
Assesses risks and identifies solutions to timely, efficient achievement of program goals; Ensures that quality standards and budget constraints are met.
Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate. Prioritizes utilization of resources with other functions.
Influences business unit or cross organizational strategies relevant to program goals.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of payroll concepts with an understanding of payroll regulations and governmental
- reporting requirements
- Advanced analytical, strong problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Can turn data into actionable information
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguous and complex work situations and multiple stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and desire to coach and develop others
- Excellent communication and results-driven skill
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Commitment to working together as one team, exceeding service expectations by developing positive relationships and treating others with value and respect
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 4+ years of experience in the following:
- LAR payroll
- Microsoft Office
- 1+ years of experience with Workday
- Advanced English level
- Global Payroll Management Certificate
- Experience driving Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA)
Shift 1 (Costa Rica)
Costa Rica, San Jose
Intel’s Human Resources group is responsible for hiring, developing and retaining the best and brightest employees while continuing to strengthen the company’s culture and values. Intel Human Resources provides first-rate, cost-effective services and support to employees worldwide and is dedicated to advancing Intel’s business goals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.