Massachusetts – Remote
Who is Interactions?
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Citi, and Shutterfly have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
As a member of the Corporate team, you will be a part of the backbone of a company that builds and brings to market artificial intelligence technologies, including natural language processing and cognitive computing. You will build best practices that will serve internal (and sometimes external) customers and business partners.
Interactions is changing the way businesses and consumers communicate by transforming frustrating experiences into productive conversations.
At Interactions, we have created an environment that is based on innovation, quick-thinking and abundant growth opportunities. Our employees are smart, hard-working and invested in the success of the company. We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking and innovation, and our ability to balance a start-up environment with a healthy work-life balance.
Working at Interactions is an opportunity to be part of the team that’s changing the way customer care is delivered.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting with the monthly close process including invoicing, the preparation of monthly journal entries, financial statements, monthly account reconciliations. The Staff Accountant is also responsible for preparing various monthly management reports and assisting in analyzing and reconciling balance sheet and income statement accounts. The successful candidate should have a strong understanding of GAAP and financial principles and able to apply them to the responsibilities of this role.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements by researching and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
- Prepare and reconcile key balance sheets and income statement accounts.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Manage the daily Cash activity along with communicating with Customers regarding payments
- Answer accounting and, financial questions by researching and interpreting data. Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information. Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Assist management on non-routine projects.
- Assist with monthly vendor invoicing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Up to three years of relevant experience.
- Motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
- Naturally curious and actively challenged to identify and implement new ideas.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced MS Excel expertise.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills; accuracy is essential.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues.
- Small company/start-up experience highly desired.
- Public Accounting experience is highly desired.
- Workday experience highly desired.
Why Work at Interactions?
We've created a culture of people who are dedicated to helping each other and the company succeed. We take time to celebrate wins and recognize accomplishments. Whether it’s a seasonal event or friendly competition, we’re always thinking of new ways to have fun.
Our team's health and well-being is important to us. In addition to a full suite of benefits, we offer 5 weeks of time off with pay, 401k matching, paid parental leave and flexible work schedules. We are all committed to the company’s success by being valued shareowners and are incentivized through individual performance and company results. Come join us!
Interactions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.