Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a Payroll Systems Associate, you will be responsible for implementing Workday system improvements to support the payroll function and drive additional value. This role will be focused on supporting the Workday absence, payroll, and time tracking modules. This position also supports the semi-annual Workday upgrades, testing, implementations, and integrations with other systems.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance in designing, testing, and deploying applications and new Workday enhancements
- Provide support to US payroll team in troubleshooting absence and time tracking issues
- Collaborate with partners and developers to update integrations to our benefit providers
- Translate new HR policies and business requirements into creative and effective technical/functional designs, then drive the implementation of those solutions from end-to-end.
- Collaborate with HR, HRIS and Payroll teams to create test plans, analyze test cases, and identify issues and escalate them to appropriate teams.
- Partner with Payroll and HR teams to analyze current business processes. Recommend and implement new and improved processes to reduce redundancies and manual work and automate functions where possible
- Manage Workday upgrades: Coordinate with the Payroll Lead and HRIS support on system updates and upgrades. Participate in evaluation of new system features, determine appropriate test scenarios, enter test data, evaluate test results, and submit go/no go recommendations.
- Create reports for bonus accrual calculations and other compensation related items
- Review reporting processes to determine where automation and efficiencies can be implemented
- Support compensation plan design and configuration within Workday
- Assist with international time keeping system implementation
- 5+ years of payroll system or HRIS experience with 2+ years of hands-on Workday implementation and configuration experience.
- Required proficiency in Workday HCM
- Functional knowledge of Workday modules: US Payroll, Absence, Compensation, or Time Tracking
- Critical problem solver with solid attention to detail
- Experience in business analysis and process improvement
- Ability to lead multiple projects and multi-task with internal and external teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate clearly with both internal partners and external development resources plus extensive experience in process documentation.
- Ability to manage timelines, communicate delays, and clarify ambiguous requirements.
- Self-motivated, creative, and adaptable with clear analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.