Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The Senior Accountant, Benefits and Payroll will be a very diverse position working on many different aspects of Invenergy’s business including benefits accounting, payroll (domestic and foreign), 401k plan, profit sharing, Energize Venture Fund, Workday enhancements and several others. Reporting to the Director, Business Administration, the Senior Accountant, Benefits and Payroll will help to support several different initiatives but primarily accounting, billing and management of our employee and employer paid benefits. Individual must be a self-starter and well organized, possess excellent computer skills, be able to multi-task, and enjoy the challenge of taking on new and exciting opportunities. An accounting background is required with preferred experience in payroll and benefits.
- Employee benefit accounting including monthly expense accruals, daily and weekly cash posting and monthly account reconciliation, ensuring accuracy of all general ledger information.
- Assist with Workday enhancements related to payroll, time and attendance and payroll cost allocations.
- Liaison regularly with Payroll and other Invenergy colleagues and third-party benefits providers.
- Take ownership of issues that arise, and follow through to resolution.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts in Oracle related to inter-company debt, investments in subsidiaries and other activity.
- Assist with ad hoc travel management and company airplane reporting duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4+ years of accounting experience.
- Existing understanding and knowledge of GAAP is required.
- Ability to adhere to monthly, quarterly and annual department driven deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, and analytical skills, with ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong familiarity with Excel, preferably including general understanding of pivot tables, and other Microsoft Office products.
- Discretion when working with sensitive company and personal information.
- High-level of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Maintain a high-level of confidentiality at all times.
- Self-directed, reliable, and independent when necessary to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize time sensitive and competing issues.
- Professional, positive, resilient, and strong work ethic.
- Experience with Workday and Oracle preferred, but not required.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.