Toronto – 16 York St
At IMCO, our talent is among the best! IMCO offers a uniquely stimulating and rewarding environment where you can help build and drive organizational transformation, all while seeking to challenge yourself, learn, and grow your career.
We offer a culture of collaboration and passion, creating unwavering value for the clients we serve. Our vision is to be the partner of choice for Ontario’s public sector funds and build a high-performing, value-based Asset Management firm in the heart of downtown Toronto.
If you are ready to drive best-in-class service, and join a collaborative, motivated, and fun team of professionals, we’re ready to offer you a great place to work with exciting opportunities for growth and development.
If you want to use your expertise to drive strategic business outcomes, then we want you at IMCO!
The Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for overseeing the planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis activities in support of IMCO’s operating cost management strategy. The role will be responsible to apply forethought of the end state and design supporting activities and tactics that define how IMCO captures, stores, visualizes, models and reports operating cost data. The incumbent will also lead the development of key performance indicators and reporting of results and trends. This position will also provide strategic advice to senior business leaders across the organization.
As a Member of Our Team, You Will be Responsible For:
- With the end state in mind, design, obtain support and implement a cost dashboard for senior management that provides insight and contextualizes cost relative to performance.
- Develop and maintain the cost data and complex financial models to efficiently budget and forecast operating costs and scenario analysis for internal stakeholders
- Partner with all areas of the business to maintain the inputs, controls and key assumptions of financial models.
- Advise business unit leaders and provide analysis that is actionable as well as provides management with the ability to appropriately manage costs with a specific focus on operating costs.
- Support an efficient and comprehensive process for developing financial plans (annual budgets, regular forecasts in the latter part of any fiscal year, and longer-term strategic plans) that links analysis to IMCO’s strategic objectives.
- Conducting deep dive analyses of specific targeted line items and expense categories, as requested by the Chief Financial Officer and the executive team.
- Preparing high quality financial analysis and presentations for the executives, senior management, clients, and Boards of Directors.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts related to cost related processes and Adaptive Insights, IMCO’s corporate budgeting and planning tool.
- Use CEM benchmarking data to continuously monitor IMCO’s cost effectiveness.
- Prepare analysis and trend reports to assist the CFO with reviewing results and monitoring cost centre and asset class budget to actual comparisons on a timely basis.
- Identify opportunities to contain costs and ensure we remain cost effective.
- Work in a fast-paced, high-energy start-up environment while participating in the creation of foundational processes to scale-up the organization.
- Prepare process documentation with clearly defined roles and responsibilities and embedded controls
- Supporting a culture of financial transparency and continuous improvement.
- Participating in special projects, as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in financial planning is required with demonstrated expertise in analysis to support financial decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in presenting complex information to a variety of audiences, including senior executives
- Experience in the asset management, financial services industry is required with a strong understanding of costs related to diverse investment strategies and multiple legal entities.
- Knowledge of Investment Management fees is required. Knowledge of Carried Interest is considered an asset.
- Formal training in financial modeling, with expert level skills in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, is required. Proficiency in PowerBI is considered an asset.
- Experience in a business partnership role is required.
- Experience in developing and maintaining complex financial models is required.
- Experience leading projects is required.
- Experience in a multi-client environment is considered an asset.
- Prior experience with corporate finance applications is preferred. Experience with Adaptive Insights or Workday Financial Management is considered an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Well-versed knowledge of business intelligence tools
- Superior communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across the enterprise.
- Ability to successfully manage expectations of internal/external clients
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our hybrid work model offers flexibility and provides our employees with the opportunity to lead a well-balanced life. Our Corporation’s offices located at 16 York Street, Suite 2400, Toronto, ON M5J 0E6 provide a welcoming space for employees to gather, work collaboratively, and grow together.
IMCO is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process. Please advise IMCO if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs. Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.