Budget and Finance Specialist II – Graduate College
Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
Experience with computerized financial systems
Experience with financial management responsibility or experience advising others with financial management responsibility
Experience with graduate assistant tuition awards and policy
The Graduate College at Iowa State University is currently seeking candidates for a Budget and Finance Specialist II.
Plans, analyzes, prepares, and compiles the university’s budget activity.
Example of Duties
- Provides analytical support for routine budget projects.
- Advises administration and staff regarding available options and budgetary implications.
- Assists in preparation of operational budgets for departments; reviews expenditures to ensure conformance with budgetary provisions.
- Compiles data and prepares reports.
- Provides analytical support for budget projects and deals directly with major department managers.
- Prepares and analyzes the university’s expenses and revenues plans.
- Support administration of graduate college and externally funded fellowship programs including supporting the graduate student experience, providing reports to funding agencies, and leading tuition process improvement efforts.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and deliver training for Graduate tuition processing from initial appointment to program completion to align with the Workday Student project.
This is a regular with term appointment(fixed term) position with an end date of 12/31/2025, with the possibility for renewal.
• Intermediate-level position with solid professional and/or technical skills working under general supervision to achieve goals
• Applies broad, working knowledge of the principles of the field to moderately complex, difficult, and varied problems and issues
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and resolve problems
• Responds to a broad range of inquiries and requests
• May provide training and/or direction to lower-level staff
• May lead projects of moderate scope and complexity
• Provides guidance to students
Regular with Term Appointment (Fixed Term)
Proposed End Date or Length of Term:
December 31, 2025
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email [email protected] or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
• Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans
• Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)
• Life insurance and long-term disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Various voluntary benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellbeing program
• This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date:
March 16, 2023
Posting Close Date:
March 29, 2023
Job Requisition Number: