Business Systems Analyst II
Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience
Student information system implementation or support experience, preferably Workday Student
Experience and with project management
Experience with JIRA, SQL, and other analytical software
Experience with querying data and providing information for data requests
Experience within higher education, specifically within the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Admissions, and/or the Office of the Student Financial Aid
Experience troubleshooting computer / software issues
The Office of the Registrar at Iowa State University is seeking applicants for a Business System Analyst IIto join a collaborative and innovative team. The university is currently transitioning from a decades-old mainframe student information system to cloud-based Workday Student Information System, and the successfully candidate will play a critical role during this transition supporting our legacy systems, as well as the Workday implementation.
This position will be serving both the Office of the Registrar and provide support with the Workday Student implementation project on several Registrar-related Workstreams. This position will help configure systems, build reports essential to the university academic community, develop documentation and training for Workday processes, and manage projects related to current Registrar-systems.
The Business Systems Analyst will also be responsible for assigning access rights for student information in our legacy system (ADIN) and current student portal (AccessPlus).
As a part of the Office of the Registrar systems team, this position will participate and maintaining an inventory of all hardware and software, assist with new staff setup, and trouble shoot hardware and software issues.
Additional information: Office hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday, with flexible hours between 7:30am – 5:30pm. University WorkFlex options will be available after appropriate training period. Evening and weekend hours required for the University Commencement Ceremony each fall and spring semester.
This is a two year term position.
Example of Duties
• Performs research and business analysis.
• Researches best practices and assists with developing actionable insights and recommendations for business operations.
• Participates in design and system development and tests changes for usability, performance, and adherence to standards.
• Develops reports for a variety of campus partners for various data needs.
• Advises employees on business systems.
• Develops tutorials and overall documentation for student information systems and supporting integrations.
• Works on a variety of complex projects.
• Intermediate-level position with solid professional and/or technical skills working under general supervision to achieve goals
• Applies broad, working knowledge of the principles of the field to moderately complex, difficult, and varied problems and issues
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and resolve problems
• Responds to a broad range of inquiries and requests
• May provide training and/or direction to lower-level staff
• May lead projects of moderate scope and complexity
• Provides guidance to students
Regular with Term Appointment (Fixed Term)
Proposed End Date or Length of Term:
June 30, 2025
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email employmen[email protected] or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
• Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans
• Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)
• Life insurance and long-term disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Various voluntary benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellbeing program
• This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date:
June 15, 2023
Posting Close Date:
September 24, 2023
Job Requisition Number: