Business Systems Analyst III
Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience
Experience implementing or administering a budget, planning, and/or ERP system
Experience working with a variety of stakeholders
Experience with business process mapping and/or evaluation
Experience working with financial information
Iowa State University is seeking a Business Systems Analyst III to support the Workday Adaptive Planning software application. The Business Systems Analyst will lead Workday Adaptive Planning system innovation to support the university mission, strategic goals, and all-funds financial and resource planning. In addition to expanded implementation of the Planning platform, they will be the system administrator, campus-wide subject matter expert, and provide training and user support.
Example of Duties
- Provide leadership in the Workday Adaptive Planning system design and development and test changes for usability, performance, and adherence to standards.
- Advise and coordinate system strategy and roadmap with various levels of financial and operational leadership.
- As system administrator, the Business Systems Analyst will ensure the health, security, accuracy, completeness, and efficiency of the Workday Adaptive Planning system and underlying data and processes.
- Perform complex research and business analysis.
- Support and partner with numerous cross functional internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide training, support, and partner with users to resolve issues and identify opportunities for system and/or process improvement.
- Determine best practices and develop actionable insights and recommendations for business operations.
- Prepare complex statistical summaries and special reports.
- Work on a variety of complex projects
- Senior-level position possessing high-level professional and/or technical skills working independently under minimal supervision to support ISU’s mission and department or work unit goals
- Applies senior-level professional knowledge and expertise to work requiring greater latitude
- Solves moderately complex problems and regularly exercises judgment to determine appropriate action
- Regularly exercises judgment to resolve problems and determine appropriate action on a broad set of issue and problems. May provide recommendations regarding problems/issues outside the bounds of defined procedures and practices
- Responds to complicated inquiries, provides training, and provides direction to lower-level staff
- May provide supervision for one to two other staff (i.e., leads a small work team)
- May lead projects for which well-defined practices and procedures may not exist
- Provides guidance to students
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email [email protected] or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
• Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans
• Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)
• Life insurance and long-term disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Various voluntary benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellbeing program
• This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date:
March 3, 2023
Posting Close Date:
March 26, 2023
Job Requisition Number: