Human Resources Generalist II
Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of related experience
Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related discipline
Experience working with managers on employee performance management matters
Experience implementing and administering HR policies and processes
Experience organizing and implementing employee communication, training and/or development initiatives
Experience providing support to employees in various HR-related topics such as FMLA, compensation, etc.
Are you a HR professional with 3+ years of experience? Are you inspired to learn and grow while shaping relationships and overall support our customers? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you in the role of HR Generalist II joining our University Human Resources Team. Reporting to an HR Partner, this position will provide direct HR guidance and support to managers and employees in delivering professional level HR advice and services using a working knowledge of all applicable policies and procedures. You will gain a working knowledge of Workday and ultimately provide expertise and process support; leveraging system in order to complete all necessary business processes.
Example of Duties
• Provides frontline HR guidance and customer service support to units as it relates to creating and managing positions, recruiting and hiring, managing and tracking employment changes, processing pay changes, and managing academic appointments.
• Connects customers with appropriate departments for other HR services, as needed.
• Maintains working knowledge of all applicable HR policies and procedures, and ensures process compliance.
• Advises managers and employees on HR policies and procedures; troubleshooting and answering questions as needed.
• Escalates complex HR issues through appropriate channels of authority within University Human Resources.
• Processes HR business processes in Workday (i.e., reviews and approves manager-initiated processes and/or initiates processes).
• Ensures process compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and policies.
• Provides proactive consultation on performance review process, ratings, and performance improvement plans/action plans.
• Provides subject matter expertise on HR related issues.
• Maintains data integrity (i.e., reviews data for accuracy).
• Develops and delivers training on applicable HR policies and processes.
• Intermediate-level position with solid professional and/or technical skills working under general supervision to achieve goals
• Applies broad, working knowledge of the principles of the field to moderately complex, difficult, and varied problems and issues
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and resolve problems
• Responds to a broad range of inquiries and requests
• May provide training and/or direction to lower-level staff
• May lead projects of moderate scope and complexity
• Provides guidance to students
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
• Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans
• Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)
• Life insurance and long-term disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Various voluntary benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellbeing program
• This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date:
September 18, 2023
Posting Close Date:
Job Requisition Number: