Registrar Specialist I
Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Experience which demonstrates proficiency using office productivity software, such as Microsoft Office Suite and other technologies (e.g., Zoom, MS Teams, WebEx, etc.)
Work experience interpreting and communicating complex policies.
Experience working in a higher education setting.
Experience with business process management and database workflow software systems.
Experience evaluating academic records.
The Office of the Registrar at Iowa State University is seeking applicants for a Registrar Specialist I to join a collaborative and innovative team. The selected candidate will have the unique opportunity to develop and grow professionally.
The Registrar Specialist I reports to the Assistant Registrar for Records and assists with solving various problems and escalates problems related to records, transcripts, verifications, as well as having some basic registration and tuition and fee knowledge as necessary. This position will assist in analyzing, maintaining, documenting, and distributing records data to departments, colleges and record staff as appropriate. This position will assist with Enrollment Reporting through the National Student Clearinghouse. The university is currently transitioning from a decades-old mainframe student information system to cloud-based Workday Student Information System, and the successfully candidate will have the opportunity to assist in this transition. Finally, this position will assist the Assistant Registrar on projects as needed.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong attention to detail, communication skills, and a desire to collaborate on a team, as well as possess an analytical mind and ability to solve complex problem. Additionally, knowledge of student information systems, and interpreting policies in a higher education setting is beneficial. The successful candidate will possess excellent customer service skills; the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks; the ability to work with frequent interruptions; and a high level of accuracy.
Evening and weekend hours are required for the University Commencement Ceremony each fall and spring semester. This is a term position with an end date of 2/28/2025.
Example of Duties
- Researches, interprets, clarifies, and applies varied policies, regulations, procedures, and guidelines, and analyzes data and applies judgement.
- Provides exceptional customer service to students, families, and individuals from across campus.
- Troubleshoot transcript services issues with our third-party Transcript Services Provider.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to research issues and to collaborate across functional teams and with vendors to see problems through to resolution.
- Develop and/or maintain documentation related to policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Assist with data validation and testing for new system implementations.
- Individual contributor position with developing professional and/or technical skills working under immediate to general supervision
- Grasps professional-level knowledge and concepts of field while working in a progressive learning mode
- Works on problems and issues of somewhat limited scope
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data for which answers are available or can be obtained
- Responds to inquiries and issues, escalating to manager or higher level workers as appropriate
- May lead projects of limited scope and complexity
- May provide guidance to students
Regular with Term Appointment (Fixed Term)
Proposed End Date or Length of Term:
February 28, 2025
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email [email protected] or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
• Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans
• Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)
• Life insurance and long-term disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Various voluntary benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellbeing program
• This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date:
March 17, 2023
Posting Close Date:
April 3, 2023
Job Requisition Number: