Student Services Specialist II – Graduate College
Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience
Experience with computerized financial systems
Experience with Workday
Experience with graduate assistant tuition awards and policy
Experience working in an university setting
Experience with advising customers, students, staff, faculty, etc.
The Graduate College at Iowa State University is seeking applicants for a Student Services Specialist II.
Provides services to students, staff, and faculty.
Example of Duties
• Provides guidance and resources to students, faculty, and staff for graduate college services.
• Advises students, staff, and faculty on graduate college policies and procedures.
• Refers students, staff, and faculty to appropriate resources.
• Support administration of external fellowships, coordination of scholarships, and stipend funding.
• Serve as a Workday subject matter expert, particularly as it relates to the tuition award business process.
• Approval of assistantship stipend payments in HCM system.
This is a regular with term appointment(fixed term) position with a term end date of 12/31/2025.
• Intermediate-level position with solid professional and/or technical skills working under general supervision to achieve goals
• Applies broad, working knowledge of the principles of the field to moderately complex, difficult, and varied problems and issues
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and resolve problems
• Responds to a broad range of inquiries and requests
• May provide training and/or direction to lower-level staff
• May lead projects of moderate scope and complexity
• Provides guidance to students
Regular with Term Appointment (Fixed Term)
Proposed End Date or Length of Term:
December 31, 2025
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email [email protected] or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
• Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans
• Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)
• Life insurance and long-term disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Various voluntary benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellbeing program
• This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date:
March 16, 2023
Posting Close Date:
March 29, 2023
Job Requisition Number: