US NC (Remote) Home Office
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing all daily operational and administrative functions of the Human Resources Department, supporting HR strategic initiatives, identifying areas to improve operational efficiencies, exemplifying Ipas’s values and operating as a Cultural Ambassador organization-wide.
This role provides first contact point for all aspects of HR operations including, talent acquisition, employee relations, employee engagement and retention, event coordination, payroll, compensation and benefits administration, health and wellness, communications, reporting and data analysis, and actively participates in Ipas’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
The HR Generalist works collaboratively with others in the department to ensure all areas of HR are supported, actively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge and understanding of all HR functional areas, policies, processes, and compliance and risk factors.
Administrative functions include, but are not limited to record-keeping and file maintenance, invoice reconciliation, coordinating and scheduling interviews or meetings, developing training materials and conducting onboarding and orientation sessions, event planning and organizing a variety of large and high visibility HR projects.
The HR Generalist communicates effectively and professionally with Ipas staff of all levels with a Global voice and attention to detail, with all work and interactions focused on engaging staff. The HR Generalist is a Core Values champion, and models social leadership by exemplifying professional behavior at all times.
The Key Responsibilities outlined below provide a broad view of the HR functional areas that the HR Generalist will assume during their tenure with Ipas. These responsibilities will be shared between members of the team. Each HR Generalist on the team will have both primary and secondary responsibilities. Primary responsibilities are those where the individual generalist is the first point of contact; secondary responsibilities are those where the generalist provides back-up support. Over time, each generalist is expected to proficiently perform all key responsibilities.
- Collaborate with hiring manager to understand talent needs, review job descriptions, process requistions, initiate, manage the recruiting process and be the candidate/manager liaison.
- Coordinate interview schedules between candidates, hiring manager and other participants. Conduct pre-screening interviews.
- Prepare and present offers to successful candidates; initiate background and reference checks and review results.
- Coordinate all onboarding activities, notify appropriate Ipas staff of pending start dates and conduct new-hire orientation.
Employee Relations & Engagement
- Respond to employee and management inquiries and concerns regarding workplace issues, including Ipas policies, processes, performance expectations, provide guidance and recommendations for resolving issues.
- Conduct engagement surveys, review and analyze results and collaborate with management on responses and action items. Prepare related employee communications.
- Participate in event planning and other employee activities.
Compensation & Benefits Administration
- Respond to management and staff general inquiries regarding compensation program and administration. May assist in determining appropriate career level and job grades.
- Maintains HRIS data including payroll and benefits information, performs periodic data audits, maintains associated documentation.
- Support payroll processing functions and associated reporting.
- Participate in compensation and benefit data analysis.
- Administer employee benefit programs including health and wellness, retirement, leaves of absence, and paid time off. Respond to employee inquiries regarding all benefits including paid time off, health and wellness, retirement and others and ensure all benefits are administered fairly, equitably and consistently.
- Collaborate with benefits providers to ensure health and wellness offerings are designed to maximize benefits to employees while adhering to Ipas budget constraints and monitor benefit utilization.
- May participate on 401(k) and compensation committees.
- Develop corporate communications and programs to promote and maximum utilization of health and wellness benefits. Conduct and coordinate annual open enrollment and conduct new-hire benefit orientation.
- Handles payroll compliance and regulatory reporting and filing to ensure paychecks, tax transactions, and other non-wage related items (e.g., taxable benefits and/or reimbursements, advances) are processed timely and accurately.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll including period timesheets for all US staff through HRIS; ensure payroll results are based on accurate wage and payroll tax calculations as required; ensure that pay and deduction components are processed accurately systematically including linkages to the general ledger; confirm bi-weekly payroll settlement is completed successfully including the bi-weekly 401(k) data integration.
- Manage all employee updates for payroll and benefits in Workday ensuring they comply with employment requirements that impact payroll specifications; maintain accurate payroll records for annual audit and compliance purposes including compensation, deductions and garnishments, direct deposit data, and E-Verify records; ensure regulatory compliance and resolve employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns.
- Each quarter, review quarterly tax reporting data to ensure that employer liabilities are in compliance with current state and federal payroll tax laws and reporting; ensure that federal and state tax filing issues are resolved as necessary, working with local tax authorities and payroll vendors as needed; complete unemployment reports and handle all unemployment inquiries from the states/other authorities.
- Manage benefits eligibility for new hires and status changes in accordance with company policies and federal/state laws, including administration of Family Medical Leave and other EEO programs; provide expert guidance on employee benefit plans and conduct all new hire benefits orientations.
- Provide up-to-date resource and information materials for payroll and benefits on public employee intranet site (Luna Content Manager role).
Anti-Racism & Equity
- Champion Anti-Racism & Equity initiatives, including monitoring HR practices and employment decisions to ensure we live our values.
- Support the Anti-Racism & Equity committee.
- Develop and maintain management reports to support evidence-based management and decision-making.
- Prepares and reviews payroll and benefits reports, including W2s, EEO, ACA, Bureau of Labor Statistics, OSHA reporting, 401(k) and assists in annual audits.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement, validating people processes and transactions and identifying opportunities to simplify, automate and/or optimize.
- May contribute or lead complex HR team projects.
- Respond to information requests from third-parties including Employment Security Department and others requiring employment verification.
- Collaborates with Human Resources team and HR Director on all HR initiatives and related projects.
- Works with Ipas staff at all levels to enhance their access to the HR team, as well as enhance staff comfort with reaching out to HR;
- Serves as a positive, approachable, and responsive HR advocate.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, human resource management, organizational behavior or related field or equivalent experience (5 years related experience or demonstrated (SME) in two or or more HR functional areas.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws and regulations and ablity to understand impact on the organization.
- Ability to adapt, learn and thrive in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to uphold integrity of confidential information and data
- Proven ability to work effectively in a diverse and complex environment
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to operate in ambiguous situations with minimal direction
- Experience with working in an HRMIS system
- 5 years’ experience as subject matter expert in four or more HR functional areas.
- Working knowledge of Workday HCM
- Experience processing payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees, Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite specifically Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Word
- Awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time annually
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy. Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.