Lowell, AR – JB Hunt Corporate
Production & Skilled Trades
United States of America
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for performing a variety of routine office duties and tasks to establish and maintain employee payroll records within routine established standards. Duties may include checking and correcting time records, maintaining time attendance records, entering tax and payment elections, working established audit reports, processing terminations and advances, and miscellaneous changes.
- Input payroll data from time sheets, production records, or individual attendance records into a computerized payroll system
- Record changes affecting net wages, such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments, for each employee
- Monitor the balance of payroll runs and any changes in legal requirements including minimum wage, the local tax rate, and related federal and state regulations
- Process advances and terminations
- Answer employee questions and troubleshooting issues related to payroll
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with disagreeable/difficult people and be able to resolve conflicts and negotiate agreements
- Must have time management and workload management skills
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments and deadlines
- Must have ability to communicate in writing
- Must be able to verbally communicate well
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Must have attention to detail
- Must be discreet and be able to work with confidential information
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 1-2 years on-the-job experience with in a payroll or administrative role. Must be able to type a minimum of 35-41 wpm.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 1-2 years on-the-job experience with in a payroll or administrative role. Knowledge and experience with Workday and Microsoft Office Applications is preferred.
GED, High School
Construction/Installation, Distribution/Material Handling
Job Opening ID:
00421047 Payroll Practitioner (Evergreen) (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”