The Manager, Application Development maintains an information technology team (FIN/HR/Middleware)and environment that consistently supports JOANN business processes. This person needs to provide active coaching to advance individual, team skills and career goals. This individual is responsible for the quality of the product, from application architecture to application support including end-user quality. They engage in requirements gathering, functional spec and code reviews, and project delivery in a way that ensures team members and solutions meet the short and long-term goals of the program. This person is a key influencer in the technology choices for the program, partnering with business partners to craft solutions that meet or exceed the business needs while ensuring they are secure and follow industry best practices. They need to listen and support teams for problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision-making. They are tasked with developing their team and maintaining a healthy and positive environment, addressing issues that teams cannot unblock themselves; making personnel changes where necessary and providing input, guidance, and corrective actions. They confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, and methods. Reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance reports. This manager creates and fosters professional, productive relationships with fellow IT managers, staff, internal business partners, executives and third-party vendors. This position plays a key role in the information technology management team, supervising a team of 5 to 15. Responsibilities extend to the Store Support Center (SSC), 3 distribution centers and multi- channel retailing through over 820 stores and eCommerce.
- Delivery- Provides oversight and leadership, including active issue management and resolution, to ensure project delivery and success. Ensures technical solution are consistent with company standards. Supports in the development and implementation of the overall strategic vision and integration of broad range ideas
- Personnel Management – Supervises direct reports and works with the product management and/or business leaders to ensure work deliverables are accomplished. Provides mentoring, training, and actively assesses/evaluates on-going performance. Engages in continuous coaching and performance management. In addition to project deployment, responsibilities include career development, performance management, and pay determination and communication
- Resource Management – Assist in the forecasts of resources and capacity needs though the support of the agile groups. Helps in identifying deviations in the product groups and appropriate remediation steps. Understands and communicates changes and impacts
- Planning – Responsible for annual budgetary planning for administrative cost centers. Assists in the development and implementation of business analysis, systems analysis, applications development, and quality assurance and testing policies, standards, procedures and methodologies
- Other Responsibilities – Contributes to vision and leadership regarding technical progress and direction in the IT department. Works to improve systems and processes to enforce simplicity, stability and efficiency. Supports technical standards and processes, including management principles, service methodologies and compliance standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Apply consultative approach to strategic, forward-thinking vision and tactical recommendations to IT Director that aligns with business and technology goals to support the core agile’s teams.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education Minimum: 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in computer science, business or related field
Education Preferred: Graduate Degree, Master’s degree in computer science or related field advanced degree
Experience Minimum:5+ years Technology experience including large-scale implementations, application and service management. SAP experience in Finance/Accounting. basic ABAP skills and understanding.
Experience Preferred: 10+ years of technology experience, retail management, supervisory experience. Experience in SAP HANA. Experience in SAP S/4 on HANA or active role in prior S/4 transformation project. Experience with Workday.
This position will be located at:
5555 Darrow Road Hudson, OH 44236
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.