This position is responsible for daily operations of the office, warehouse, and delivery departments to ensure all customer service, personnel, warehouse, and delivery functions of our business are handled in a professional and timely manner. This role is also responsible for ensuring the branch operation complies with corporate policies, governmental regulations, and safe operating practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and execute office, sales administrative, warehouse and delivery policies, procedures and practices.
- Work in concert with the President. Coordinate and communicate with other managers and corporate personnel to ensure smooth operation to meet business requirements
- Responsible for inventory management and inventory control
- Responsible for standard operating procedures and safe operating practices
- Responsible for the safety of the local operation. Chairs the local safety committee.
- Hire, train, develop and manage staff; ensure branch is staffed to perform efficient operations.
- Oversee and comply with federal, state and local regulatory laws, including those related to delivery fleet, warehouse, and office operations.
- Oversee and comply with federal, state and local laws regarding excise taxes and licensing.
- Maintain and safeguard all the company assets (e.g. building, personal property, accounts receivable, cash).
- Ensure a safe, secure and clean environment is provided for employees.
- Responsible for Fleet Management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Strong branch-location leadership experience, including 8+ years of progressive operating responsibility, including leadership of a business office, warehouse operations, and delivery fleet operations.
- 4-8 years of experience managing $5 – $10m budget, with verifiable experience improving efficiency and the cost of operation.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to develop and motivate a team.
- Overall business acumen with 8+ years of applicable experience; must have knowledge and experience managing office, warehouse, fleet, facilities and delivery functions.
- Excellent professional communication skills.
- Strong Word and Excel experience required; Workday software experience desired.
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to interact with all functional areas and organizational levels, often in stressful situations.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and analytical skills.
Johnson Brothers is an equal opportunity employer.