US – IN – Carmel (KAR World Headquarters)
The Payroll Analyst will perform tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of payroll processing for the US and Canada while maintaining the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. This position supports the Manager in supporting special projects and providing support for escalated payroll issues.
- Acts as SME for the payroll team regarding US and Canadian payroll processes, laws and regulations
- Partners with HRIS and Total Rewards to define requirements and test payroll solutions to ensure accuracy
- Ensuring all aspects of the payroll cycle, including tax, benefits, wage attachment, etc. are processed, reconciled, audited and transmitted accurately and timely
- Manage details and scheduling for all special pay cycles such as commissions, bonus and special payments, equity, merit increases and adjustments
- Analyze and review payroll / time and attendance data; handle quality control and auditing to ensure accuracy with minimal errors
- Supports the Payroll Specialist and management, by providing on-the-job training, guidance on complex issues, handling escalated employee payroll concerns and assistance using all job-related tools.
- Process stop payments, reversals, off-cycle payrolls and manual checks as needed
- Create custom reports and analyze large amounts of information to support mandatory reporting, day to day and ad hoc business needs
- Support quarterly and year-end payroll processing/reporting (W-2s and T-4s)
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and yearly payroll and employment audit/reports as needed
- 2+ years experience in Canadian Payroll required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field preferred
- 5+ years payroll experience required.
- Proven experience in problem resolution is needed and strong technical aptitude.
- Workday Payroll experience highly preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and will try their hand at anything assigned.
- Ability to adapt to change while exuding with creativity and enjoying collaboration
- Must have excellent analytical, time management and organization skills
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and other formulas)