Director of Recruiting
We are a company of innovators, thinkers, creators, explorers, volunteers, and dreamers. But we all share one goal: to improve the world responsibly and safely.
KBR is currently seeking a Director of Recruiting for the Science & Space Division. Reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources, the Director of Recruiting will be responsible for managing the entire candidate life cycle to attract and employ qualified individuals for positions across the division. This senior level leader should have strong business acumen and is required to partner with all business stakeholders to drive Talent Acquisition strategy. The best candidate will apply a blend of design thinking, marketing, data analytics, and strategy in their problem-solving. In addition, this leader will be responsible for establishing processes and governance to enable seamless talent acquisition solutions and organizational success.
This opportunity is available on a hybrid schedule.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Solutions oriented, with superior problem-solving skills and ability to make logical, complex decisions in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, including both verbal and written communications.
- Collaborates and leads large cross-departmental projects/initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting to senior leadership teams
- Ability to pick up new systems and technology quickly if you don’t know it already (e.g., social media, recruiting tools, applicant tracking systems)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time
- Proven ability to manage, mentor and develop a team of recruiters to ensure achievement of KPI’s/metrics
- Strong leadership and influencing skills at all levels in the organization
- Ability to work across business units, functions, and geographic regions to build consensus and drive tangible results
- Proven track record of filling positions with high quality candidates within aggressive time constraints and at reasonable costs
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, relationship building, and consultative skills
- 10- 15 years of HR experience in Talent Acquisition in a corporate environment and at least 6 years in a leadership position.
- Experience managing client relationships at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel) and other productivity tools Experience in negotiations and working with external agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience being the subject matter expert in Applicant Tracking Systems and social media tools
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification desired
- Experience with Workday
- AIRS certifications CIR, ACIR, CDR, CSSR, PRC, or CSMR
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.