Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
The Talent Management team is transforming the talent landscape at Kemper. This team is connecting the dots across the enterprise to create an impactful talent lifecycle for all colleagues – and ensuring our talent is ready to deliver as Kemper evolves in the future. The AVP, Talent Management will drive the strategy and execution of programs to progress the talent at Kemper. This impactful role partners across all HR disciplines including HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as well as with senior executives across the company.
- Lead ongoing enhancement and execution of core talent practices, including – performance management, talent reviews and succession planning.
- Facilitate talent planning to ensure the business acquires, retains, and develops the right people, at the right time, in the right role to match business needs at scale.
- Identify future trends and talent needs and shape and implement strategies that will help Kemper develop and retain high-performing employees. Ensure talent mobility/career development.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, HRBPs, DEI and Business Leaders to ensure the delivery of an integrated talent plan and portfolio that aligns with business priorities and HR priorities
- Own the development and delivery of learning experiences – creating an impactful suite of ongoing learning experiences using relevant research and variety of mediums to drive learning goals.
- Lead a high performing team, effectively coach and develop team members to effectively deliver programs and learning experiences
- Develop partnerships with outside vendors and internal functional learning organizations.
- 10+ years of experience in leadership roles focused on talent management, learning and/or leadership development.
- Workday experience required, optimize and streamlining processes
- Experience in core talent management practices
- Deep knowledge of how people learn/change behaviors and how to deliver large-scale programs and interventions.
- Proven expertise in using data to inform decisions on effectiveness of development experiences – and an understanding of what creates both learning and behavior change resulting in measurable improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across organizations and with external partners to deliver successful learning and leadership development experiences.
- Strategic thinker, agile problem solver and great influencing skills
This position will be a hybrid based in Chicago
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Kemper will never request personal information, such as your social security number or banking information, via text or email. Additionally, Kemper does not use external messaging applications like WireApp or Skype to communicate with candidates. If you receive such a message, delete it.