St. Louis MO
Birmingham AL, Jacksonville FL, St. Louis MO
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Kemper Corporate Services is seeking to hire an experienced HR Specialist to work at our Kemper office. The HR Specialist will process various HR transactions related to the areas of benefits, HR Systems and Payroll. You will work with the HR Services team to provide a centralized point of contact and expertise for company employees to ask questions and gain assistance while ensuring fair and equal application of benefit administration. This position includes stable hours, M-F during the day (no weekends) and the chance to work with a great HR group.
- Respond to employee’s inquiries and service requests that are submitted to either the team 800 number or shared HR Services team email box. Areas of inquiry include benefits enrollment, benefit administration, Leave of Absence, HR Systems, payroll/time & attendance and Verification of Employment.
- Effectively communicate an answer, policy or resolution for the inquiry. Document service request details into the tracking system and respond, elevate or reroute if necessary.
- Enter new hire information from the Talent Acquisition team into HRMS. Compare documents to ensure information is accurate and complete.
- Invites and delivers the weekly benefits orientation presentation to new hires. Ensures that the presentation is updated and contains accurate and current information.
- Provides assistance to employees in the new hire enrollment process. Follows up with employees who do not enroll within given time frame.
- Meets with new employees to collect new hire paperwork, create personnel files and complete I-9 Employment Verification forms.
- Processes simple employee changes submitted in Workday such as address changes and org changes ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially.
- Maintains timely and accurate reporting of activity.
- Responds to inquiries for information from other HR teams, including corporate and HR leadership.
- Assist in billing and reconciliation for various benefit vendors.
- Process National Medical Support Orders and communicate with the state agency and employee.
- 3+ years of HR experience in benefit processing or general HR.
- HS diploma, Associates or BA in HR preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in MS Office and HR software.
- High level of detail and accuracy in a high-volume environment.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge with the H1B/Greencard process is a plus.
- Experience with Workday is a plus.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination. Kemper is focused on expanding our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts to align with our vision, mission, and guiding principles. Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.