Kemper’s Internal Audit Department is on a transformative journey to become a best in class department that is guided by a philosophy of adding value and improving the operations of the organization. We are looking for highly talented and motivated people to join the Internal Audit leadership team. The Internal Audit Director will help facilitate significant transformational change including implementing digital technologies (i.e. robotics), expanding and integrating data analytics while working closely with senior leadership, IT and business unit partners.
We are looking for a leader with the ability to maintain a positive attitude and deal effectively in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented environment, with a focus on continuous improvement. They will be a change agent to drive integrated IT, operational and financial audits and will have people management responsibilities as well.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar.
- 10+ years of applicable work experience, preferably in public accounting, internal audit or related field.
- Experience preferred in the Financial Services industry in a corporate setting; insurance experience a plus.
- Solid leadership and supervisory skills and experience, including the ability to motivate and coach team members, influence others and work with all levels of management and professional staff.
- CISA, CPA, CIA, CFE, CFA, or other relevant certification is required.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
- Solid understanding of operational, financial and regulatory risks and risk mitigation.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, written and oral presentation skills.
- Exhibit a high degree of flexibility, energy, and commitment towards the work, and effectively navigate organizational matrix and complexities in order to support the business with high quality audit and risk-based consultation.
- Understand and exhibit corporate values and culture and work well across organizational lines.
- Bold strategic thinker with the proven ability to improve and transform processes.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence and integration a plus.
- Experience with system implementations a plus.
- Experience with Workday, Guidewire, Workiva and/or Tableau a plus.
- Intellectually curious, analytically strong, and embracer of change.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation. Our organization has a dynamic work environment where positions evolve and change. Therefore, the Company reserves the right to modify, delete, or add job duties, responsibilities and skills that are stated in this job description at any time.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.