Birmingham AL, Chicago IL
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Kemper is a publicly-traded, multi-billion-dollar insurance and financial services company, and we are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Analyst to join our Financial Systems Support team in downtown Chicago. This team is responsible for the optimization of the company’s financial systems while concurrently modernizing the foundational tools used by the finance community. The Senior Analyst support efforts relating to the planning, design, testing, and implementation of various configurations within the financial systems, including upgrades. They also closely collaborate with team leadership, the IT function, and other internal and external resources to identify continuous improvement opportunities. We seek a detail-oriented professional with a background in accounting and finance who has an interest in applying that knowledge to financial system support and development.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze problems, formulate solutions and alternatives, and deliver solutions that achieve desired results in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Administration of the Workday & Blackline application (configuration and applicable business processes)
- Design, develop, and support custom Workday & Blackline reports
- Become an expert in the Workday Financials & Blackline product suite and ensure business partners take advantage of best practices
- Implement standards and best practices for supporting Financial Systems used by the Finance organization
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the accounting system design, particularly related to data flow.
- Work closely with IT and the user community to manage enhancements, upgrades, implementations. Research the Workday & Blackline system upgrade content and make recommendations for using new features
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting or Financial Systems Support. Insurance / financial services experience is a plus
- Strong logic and business understanding to develop insights into root causes of financial outcomes
- Familiarity with US GAAP; familiarity with statutory accounting principles is a plus
- Knowledge of finance systems from the lens of accounting and reporting needs; Experience in Workday, Blackline or Adaptive is a strong plus
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required. Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- In depth knowledge of finance systems; experience with any of the following is ideal: Workday, Adaptive, Tableau, Alteryx and Blackline
- Effective time management skills and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Proficient project management skills with demonstrated ability to support multiple projects and priorities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation. Our organization has a dynamic work environment where positions evolve and change. Therefore, the Company reserves the right to modify, delete, or add job duties, responsibilities and skills that are stated in this job description at any time.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.