Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
This position is aligned with managers and senior leaders in HR to develop key performance indicators, monitor performance relative to those metrics, develop insights & reporting, and develop strategies. This position will help translate operational performance into a financial impact for HR and key business units. This position leverages an understanding of relational database structures to compile, analyze, and present data. The Temporary Analyst 4 will develop and communicate results that provide actionable insights to different functional areas across the enterprise. The HR Analyst will participate in long-term strategic projects. It’s expected someone in this role will exercise personal and situational awareness consistently and tailor the message for the audience and situation with limited direction.
This Temporary HR Analyst will collaborate with HR, business leaders, and peer analysts on hypothesis-driven research projects and trends to inform business actions. Will partner closely to design, develop, and evaluate HR business reporting and insights, establish scalable/efficient/automated, and easily repeated processes for large-scale data analysis. This position leverages an understanding of relational database structures as well as 3rd party vendor data to compile, analyze and present data. Will develop and communicate results that provide actionable insights and applies strategic thinking in providing Human Capital Management data including turnover, hiring trends, competitor data, and environmental factors.
- Proactively monitors internal and external factors influencing key metrics
- Navigates inside and outside the HR organization effectively with limited direction.
- Mentors and coaches to ensure understanding of data and insights provided
- Handles multiple competing priorities including long-term projects effectively with limited direction. Identifies a critical path and key dependencies for long-term projects.
- Negotiates effectively to align differing priorities within projects
- Risk Management – understands and mitigates risk from novel projects
- Understands internal and external factors influencing income statement & balance sheet
- Leverages differences within and across teams to optimize outcomes
- Proactively monitor internal and external factors influencing staffing and talent.
- Gather, manage, and evaluate large datasets from multiple sources – Build and maintain strong partnerships across TA, HR and the business.
- Ability to navigate all Workday reporting capabilities including the building and extracting of data.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting and analysis to support the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of Data Science, Economics, Physics, Math, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Engineering – Mechanical or Electrical.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring.
- 2+ years of industry experience preferred (or relevant Financial Services experience).
- 5+ years of work experience
- Advanced skills with Workday, Tableau, Python or R, or other programming languages
- Ability to apply descriptive analytics to analyze data and validate assumptions
- Demonstrates the ability to translate an operational change into a financial impact for the business
Preferred job requirements:
- Preferred 4+ years of industry experience (or relevant Human Resource/Data Science experience).
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination. Kemper is focused on expanding our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts to align with our vision, mission, and guiding principles. Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.