Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
The Temporary Benefits Analyst will be responsible for the Administration of assigned employee benefit programs and plans. Provide analytical support for implementation and maintenance of competitive, and cost-effective employee benefit programs. Serve as subject matter expert.
- Responsible for oversight and day to day administration of assigned employee benefit programs and plans.
- Conduct appropriate audits of benefit programs and plans in accordance with compliance standards.
- Meet reporting requirements. Serve as subject matter expert in Employee Benefits and the Benefits Administration System for HR team and the management of the organization.
- Work with vendors/carriers/providers and other external advisors, as appropriate, to resolve benefits related issues and concerns.
- Responsible for Open Enrollment Design and Set up. Assist with the analysis of current and new benefit department policies, procedures and programs.
- Assist with the development of communications to promote understanding and appreciation of employee benefit programs and plans.
- Help oversee the periodic (daily, weekly, monthly) billing and reporting process. Reconcile payments and resolve billing issues with vendors/providers.
- Lead and participate in HR projects within area of responsibility and across the organization. Apply best practices and HR principles to existing and new processes to facilitate sound administration and drive attraction and retention of top talent.
- Pursue outside professional education such as webinars, certifications and other opportunities.
- 5 years employee benefits experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation, or in process, preferred.
- Workday experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to summarize data and complex concepts into management presentations.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize work and handle multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination. Kemper is focused on expanding our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts to align with our vision, mission, and guiding principles. Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.