HQ_Port Washington, NY
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Manager, Human Resources is responsible for delivery of concrete, strategic and tactical outputs, including human resources business partners services, coaching & employee relations, process improvements, performance management, monitoring & identifying culture & work climate opportunities, while delivering a wide range of human resource services in support of key business objectives.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR Team, leadership, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Analyzes HR data to understand trends in hiring, resignations, promotions, compensation, diversity, etc., to recommend changes/enhancements to the leadership team
- Tracks and develops internal talent with the leadership team through talent reviews, succession planning and action plans
- Evaluates the status and productivity of HR programs and recommends changes to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Coach and develop leaders in all areas of people leadership, including performance management and talent development, among others.
- Develops appropriate plans to support project success by influencing end-user
- Strong business and people acumen, and ability to influence business leaders at an executive level
- Strategic thinking and execution ability
- Exceptional organizational skills to be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Works autonomously in a team environment
- 10+ years of recent, relevant HR/business experience in leading teams/ organizations
- Able to drive actions through influence and collaboration
- Comfortable with systems and processes usage
- A true business partner, able to translate the business priorities into effective HR programs, with focus on strengthening the organization and leadership
- Bachelors Degree with focus in Human Resource Management, Business Management, or similar
- Workday experience a plus
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM or other certification highly preferred
Additional Job Description: