North Little Rock, AR
- The Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Specialist will oversee the recruitment, hiring and onboarding of quality candidates, ensuring a smooth transition from application to employment for all hourly positions.
- Work closely with plant management to identify hiring needs and create job descriptions (as needed) for open positions.
- Create a recruitment strategy.
- Proactively build talent pipelines through online sourcing, job fair events and establishing relationships with key partners in the area to develop recruitment funnels.
- Participate in and, travel to as necessary, job fairs at high schools and technical schools for the identified plants.
- Work with temporary agencies as needed for temp workers.
- Screen, interview and determine candidate fit for available roles.
- Schedule interviews.
- Prepare the candidate & maintain ongoing communication for onboarding requirements while promoting positive candidate experience.
- Submit background checks, schedule drug screens and physicals.
- Maintain applicant tracking records in Workday for all assigned positions.
- Recruit for interns as needed for assigned locations.
- Lead day one orientation and onboarding programs at various Koppers Locations
- Conduct new hire benefits orientation at assigned locations.
- Conduct hourly exit interviews.
- Partner with assigned CEBPs on results of exit interviews
- Track Open Positions and vacancies weekly.
- Track time to fill metrics.
- Monitor New Hire Year One Surveys.
- Support various company initiatives such as wellness and engagement programs.
- Direct employees to appropriate C&E contacts for C&E general support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related. Five years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- One to three years of recruiting experience; experience recruiting skilled labor preferred.
- Strong organizational and multiple tasking skills
- Ability to practice and maintain strict confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Must be a self-starter who does not require constant supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong service orientation, social perceptiveness and active listening skills along with
- Demonstrates strong planning skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Comfortable communicating with employees on all levels of the organization
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Human resources certification preferred
- Working with unions preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law, state, or local law.