Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara's values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Langara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Associate Director, HR Systems
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Monday, October 30 2023
End Date (if applicable):
Tuesday, December 31 2024
Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards, Payroll and HR Systems, this role takes a leadership role on HR systems,
people data and reporting, and HR strategic initiatives including the Workday Student and Human Capital
Management (“HCM”) projects. Acts as back-up when the Director is on leave/vacation.
As a member of the People and Culture (“P&C”) leadership team, the incumbent provides leadership and guidance
on strategic initiatives, programs, and business processes undertaken by the department to support a culture that is
focused on the employee experience and best practices. Collaborates with cross-functional colleagues in leading
quality improvements in HR systems and programming that enables, supports, and engages employees.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, information technology or relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a HR systems and/or sustainment role using a cloud-based ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) such as Workday. Systems implementation experiences is an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in managerial role, preferable leading a technical team.
- Knowledge and experience of payroll operations, payroll applications, collective agreements, applicable legislation, and regulations preferably in a unionized environment.
- Leadership experience in implementing quality improvement, change management, and optimize HR business processes.
- Knowledge and experience with the principles and practices associated with HR functions such as: labour relations, compensation, recruitment, organization development, and talent management.
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) or Certified Certification in Business Analytics certification, an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Solution orientation – makes timely decisions and advances solutions that are in the best interest of the College and our students
- Relationship intelligence – demonstrates emotional maturity and operates respectfully in all situations and dynamics
- Conflict resolution – acts with courage to take on the tough issues and conversations
- Mobilization of people – empowers others to be engaged, motivated, and resilient through change
- Vision and strategic thinking – energizes people around the vision and supports team alignment with the strategic plan
- Continuous learning – cultivates a growth mindset and provides opportunities for development
- Accountability – fosters and demonstrates a culture of accountability and ownership
- Communication – uses personal interaction, transparency, and language to effectively build trust and commitment
Skills & Abilities
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to coach and mentor employees.
- Superior ability to make sound decisions by exercising judgment, diplomacy, tact, and discretion in a fast-paced environment with changing and conflicting priorities.
- Strong strategic-thinking, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills as demonstrated through negotiation, conflict resolution, and mediation.
- Ability to develop, interpret, and apply policies, procedures, and guidelines.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$52.84 – $77.50 per hour
Admin Paygrade 12
Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
People and Culture is committed to embracing, honoring, and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We remain dedicated to focusing our efforts on creating an inclusive employee community that fosters a sense of safety and belonging for everyone. We humbly acknowledge that we are just beginning our journey, which includes engaging in our own internal learning and creating a data-driven action plan that supports the integration of EDI practice into the work of People and Culture and the work we do with employees and leaders. Langara College welcomes applications from everyone including people from groups that are experiencing inequity including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please contact us.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume. In addition, those shortlisted with international credentials must have their education credentials evaluated through WES (World Education Services) and provide Langara College, People & Culture document evaluation access for employment purposes.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and for taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the number of applications received.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.