Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara’s values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Langara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Client Services Manager, ERP
Monday, November 1 2021
End Date (if applicable):
In January 2020, Langara College migrated its HR and finance operations to the cloud-based Workday ERP platform. The Operational Excellence team focuses on sustainment and continuous improvement of these key business processes through on-going support to end users, management of change requests and scheduled product releases. The team also provides system and process expertise into business improvement projects.
Langara is now moving into an exciting new phase of transforming its Student Information Systems (SIS) through a suite of solutions, including the Workday Student product. We are seeking a strong, customer-focused IT manager to lead the sustainment and improvement team, to embed best practices and maximize the value of our ERP investment. This role is also expected to contribute to and support planning and implementation of the new SIS. Experience with client-facing services, managing development and/or configuration teams and third-party vendor relationships will be critical. Experience with on-going management of cloud-based systems would be preferred.
The Client Services Manager, ERP is responsible for the delivery and support of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions and services to the College. The manager oversees and implements the service portfolio by providing service management based on industry best practices, key measurements and continuous service improvements. The Client Services Manager, ERP identifies and leads cross-team strategies and processes to support ERP services and increase cost-effectiveness. The manager is responsible for the ERP service lifecycle.
The Client Services Manager, ERP leads and oversees the ERP support team to resolve service desk tickets, implement change requests and manage new releases. In collaboration with the Director, Operational Excellence, the manager executes the department’s vision and strategy, promotes the best practices and standards, and provides leadership, guidance and mentorship to his/her team members.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in computing science, engineering or equivalent information technology discipline.
- Eight (8) years of recent related IT managerial or supervisory level experience, including:
- Several years in IT or ERP service management and Client Services, IT management in an ITIL-oriented environment, Help Desk or Service Desk management, service or application design and architecture.
- Several years of team leadership.
- Considerable experience working in project managed teams or project management.
- Knowledge of ITSM best practices and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Experience and practical knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices, including developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities and reporting on accomplishments.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in both highly technical and non-technical environments with all levels of the organization. Effective presentation communication skills required and able to clearly explain concepts to diverse audiences.
- Excellent strategic planning, leadership, analytical, and change management skills.
- Ability to direct complex technology projects, including developing proposals, setting budgets, project planning and implementation.
- Ability to effectively lead and direct the work of others in a collegial setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, faculty, employees, students, vendors, other institutions, external agencies and/or the general public.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and to provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Ability to develop, plan, execute and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to effectively meet deadlines and organizational requirements.
- Ability to maintain a broad knowledge of current technology and practices in information systems and technology.
- Ability to interpret and comply with policies, procedures and regulations.
- Collegiality – values and demonstrates inclusivity, openness, civility and respect
- Problem solving and decision making – considers a wide range of information and perspectives to solve problems and make reasoned decisions; demonstrates a comfort with uncertainty and ambiguous conditions
- Organizational awareness – understands and appreciates an organization’s internal culture and operating practices as well as the political and business climate in which the organization operates
- Innovation – welcomes, generates, and implements new ideas and solutions that help to achieve and organization’s strategic goals
- Student Focus – making decisions with the students in mind, focusing on providing the best possible experience for the student.
- Integrity – acts with openness, honesty and respect to build and maintain an environment of trust
- Professional maturity – demonstrates courage to take on issues and make tough decisions while managing self with aplomb and emotional maturity
- Tenacity, resilience and patience – believes that own actions and efforts will overcome obstacles, make progress and attain successful results
- Business awareness – considers and understands the financial, operational and human perspective and the impact of decisions
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking – energizes people around the vision and keeps the bigger picture in mind
- Team Leadership – creates team spirit and helps to direct individuals toward achievement of team and organizational goals. Inspires others to do their best, develop professionally and contribute to the success of the leadership team
- Relationship management – builds and maintains a crucial network of contacts both internally and externally.
- Communication – uses the power of personal interaction and language to effectively influence, inspire and lead others.
- Achieves results – goal-oriented individual who thrives on achieving outcomes through consultative and collaborate methods.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$44.27 – $64.93 per hour
Admin Paygrade 11
Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that due to the amount of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.