Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara’s values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Langara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
ERP Business Analyst
Monday, February 13 2023
End Date (if applicable):
Tuesday, March 31 2026
In January 2020, Langara College migrated its HR and finance operations to the cloud-based Workday ERP platform. Langara is now moving into an exciting new phase of transforming its Student Information Systems (SIS) through a suite of solutions, including the Workday Student product.
Under the general guidance of the Project Manager, ERP Process and Testing, the Business Analyst leads the assessment of client needs to identify business requirements in alignment to information technology solutions. This position provides expertise in the areas of requirements definition, business process analysis and design, functional design, data, functional specifications for integrations and reporting configuration, implementation, testing, training and documentation to deliver enterprise solutions to the Project. This position also provides expertise in benefits realization management planning, reporting and tracking. The Business Analyst is an integral member of the team and has a strategic perspective and a broad-based understanding of business operations whilst integrating with an enterprise solution.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of business analysis experience, with in-depth knowledge of applications and the business requirements supporting them.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Considerable knowledge of project management, quality assurance and change management disciplines.
- Experience in software implementation projects in a business analyst role is preferred.
- Experience in producing business analysis deliverables such as: BRDs, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, BPMs.
- Experience on an ERP implementation project is strongly preferred.
- Experience in implementing Student modules on an ERP implementation project is strongly preferred.
- Experience in benefits realization management is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of business process mapping and improvement/optimization. Knowledge of BPMN.
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to achieve an appropriate outcome.
- Knowledge of data analysis and data modeling (conceptual, logical).
- Solid understanding of key trends and players in the IT industry.
- Higher-education or public sector experience is an asset.
- Proven knowledge and continuous learning of business analysis discipline and best practices, and demonstrated contributions to practice improvement.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills. Able to multi-task and deliver multiple assignments in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform complex work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and methods.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance to established policies, practices and standards.
- Tenacity, resilience and patience – believes that own actions and efforts will overcome obstacles, make progress and attain successful results
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking – energizes people around the vision and keeps the bigger picture in mind
- Organizational awareness – understands and appreciates an organization’s internal culture and operating practices as well as the political and business climate in which the organization operates
- Innovation – welcomes, generates, and implements new ideas and solutions that help to achieve and organization’s strategic goals
- Problem solving and decision making -considers a wide range of information and perspectives to solve problems and make reasoned decisions; demonstrates a comfort with uncertainty and ambiguous conditions
- Achieves results -goal-oriented individual who thrives on achieving outcomes through consultative and collaborate methods.
- Integrity – acts with openness, honesty and respect to build and maintain an environment of trust
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$35.64 – $52.27 per hour
Admin Paygrade 08
Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Monday, January 30 2023
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please contact us at the time you submit your application.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume. In addition, those shortlisted with international credentials must have their education credentials evaluated through WES (World Education Services) and provide Langara College, People & Culture document evaluation access for employment purposes.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and for taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the number of applications received.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.