Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara’s values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Langara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Financial Planning Analyst
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Thursday, September 1 2022
End Date (if applicable):
Thursday, December 1 2022
The Financial Planning Analyst provides guidance, advice and training to a portfolio of departments and academic areas in various aspects of the development of their budgets, forecasts and costing models. The analyst explains complex financial data, cultivates understanding of the College’s budget and planning process, and ensures compliance with College financial policy. This position also conducts analyses of historical, current and proposed financial information to determine trends and financial impact to the College. In addition, this role also prepares College reports, analyses, and forecasts for internal use and for external Ministry compliance purposes.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a two (2) year diploma in accounting or relevant discipline.
- Enrolment in the CPA PEP program and actively working towards completion.
- Minimum four (4) years of progressively senior budget and/or financial analysis experience, with preference for prior experience as an analyst in large corporate or public sector environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience using enterprise resource planning software and other systems, such as Banner, Oracle, Workday, and Adaptive Planning.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Access and MS Outlook.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to explain clearly and concisely complex financial concepts.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong understanding of financial information and accounting concepts.
- Ability to create, develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and prepare related analyses.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong math and database skills.
- Ability to work effectively with the rest of the Financial Planning and Analysis team.
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects with minimal guidance.
- Ability to prepare accurate financial plans and reports within mandated deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with Cost Centre Managers and various other groups within the College.
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am – 4:45pm Monday to Friday.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$29.62 – $33.69 per hour
CUPE Paygrade 24
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Compressed Workweek (Fortnight):
Friday, August 12 2022
If you were a temporary employee with CUPE Local 15 at Langara College who has worked within the last five (5) months of the closing date on this posting, please contact our recruitment team if you meet the criteria for internal status (850 hours worked) as per Article III.7.g in the CUPE Collective Agreement. Please quote the job requisition title and number with your previous employee ID and last day worked at the College. Please do not email if you worked at the College more than 5 months ago or if you worked in a different union.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume. In addition, those shortlisted with international credentials must have their education credentials evaluated through WES (World Education Services) and provide Langara College, People & Culture document evaluation access for employment purposes.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and for taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the number of applications received.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.