Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara's values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Langara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Intermediate Quality Assurance – Ellucian Banner
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Monday, September 25 2023
End Date (if applicable):
Tuesday, March 31 2026
Langara is moving into an exciting new phase of transforming its Student Information Systems (SIS) through a suite of solutions, including the Workday Student product.
This has resulted in the creation of an exciting three-year temporary opportunity for an Intermediate Quality Assurance – Ellucian Banner position.
This position will be responsible for supporting the migration from the existing legacy Ellucian Banner Student SIS and associated integrations, to the new SIS. Accordingly, Quality Assurance experience with ERP & Banner is preferred.
The QA Intermediate Analyst executes the plans and activities of the Langara IT QA team on a day-to-day basis; performs comprehensive reviews of business and functional requirements; develops and implements testing strategies, methodologies and plans; executes reviews and testing to ensure the quality of IT deliverables including project artifacts, infrastructure components, enterprise systems, database systems, integrations, as well as the security, performance, reliability and availability of the information technology in the College; provides support to IT and user groups according to work performance standards set by the College.
- Undergraduate degree in Computing Science or a related field.
- Minimum four (4) years of recent experience performing QA Intermediate activities in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other business applications.
- Experience working in higher education preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Solid understanding of UML and experience with at least one of the UML modeling tools. Enterprise Architect experience would be an asset.
- Experience writing functional and non-functional test cases ensuring proper functioning of the system based on both business and functional requirements.
- Experience writing test plans to ensure adequate test coverage and proper functioning of the system.
- Experience estimating and scheduling the test effort in collaboration with project managers.
- Experience with one or more of the following database platforms and tools: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL.
- Experience testing in J2EE or Web environments and in applications based on one or more of the following Web and Application platforms: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Apache, and Tomcat.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively;
- maintain a standard of absolute confidentiality regarding information and records;
- operate related equipment;
- organize and prioritize work;
- communicate effectively with others;
- develop and maintain work relationships with others;
- manage project time lines for QA efforts;
- meet work performance standards set by the College
- Proven experience related to:
- systems analysis, testing techniques, estimating and planning procedures and standards;
- industry best practices and associated tools for quality assurance and testing;
- computer operating systems and principles;
- writing technical and non-technical documentation.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$39.47 – $45.65 per hour
CUPE IT Paygrade G
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Compressed Workweek (Fortnight):
People and Culture is committed to embracing, honoring, and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We remain dedicated to focusing our efforts on creating an inclusive employee community that fosters a sense of safety and belonging for everyone. We humbly acknowledge that we are just beginning our journey, which includes engaging in our own internal learning and creating a data-driven action plan that supports the integration of EDI practice into the work of People and Culture and the work we do with employees and leaders. Langara College welcomes applications from everyone including people from groups that are experiencing inequity including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please contact us.
If you were a temporary employee with CUPE Local 15 at Langara College who has worked within the last five (5) months of the closing date on this posting, please contact our recruitment team if you meet the criteria for internal status (850 hours worked) as per Article III.7.g in the CUPE Collective Agreement. Please quote the job requisition title and number with your previous employee ID and last day worked at the College. Please do not email if you worked at the College more than 5 months ago or if you worked in a different union.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume. In addition, those shortlisted with international credentials must have their education credentials evaluated through WES (World Education Services) and provide Langara College, People & Culture document evaluation access for employment purposes.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and for taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the number of applications received.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.