Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara's values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Langara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Projects Associate, ERP
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Monday, July 10 2023
End Date (if applicable):
Thursday, October 31 2024
In January 2020, Langara College migrated its HR and Finance operations to the cloud-based Workday ERP platform. Langara is now moving into an exciting new phase of transforming its Student Information Systems (SIS) through a suite of solutions, including the Workday Student product.
The ERP Projects Associate is an 18-month term role responsible for providing administrative support with the planning and execution of the Enterprise Resource Program (ERP). This position provides specialized communications support for the ERP Program; and provides support in the development of Program policies and procedures according to work performance standards set by the department. This role will periodically be involved in the preparation of training materials/manuals as needed.
The ERP Projects Associate provides administrative support with the planning and execution of the Enterprise Resource Program (ERP). This position provides specialized communications support for the ERP Program; provides support in the development of Program policies and procedures according to the work performance standards set by the College. Additionally, this position provides minimal support to IT and Business Unit user groups. Will be involved in preparation of some training materials/manuals as needed for the ERP Program team.
- Two-year diploma from a recognized institution in business administration, communications, information technology, or related discipline.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in project management administration and support.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or formal project management training would be an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with maintaining complex Microsoft project plans.
- Experience in supporting the development and delivery of user training programs and classes.
- Some experience in providing technical support to users.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, desktop publishing, and web content publishing.
- Experience with productivity tools, such as SharePoint, Confluence or JIRA.
- Experience with writing, editing and formatting formal policy and procedure documents, an asset.
- Experience in writing, editing and formatting technical guides, process and procedural documents, and other materials for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and to provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Knowledge of a variety of network and software applications required for providing user support in an IT environment.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills including multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage to deadlines and within organizational constraints.
- Ability to take ownership and proactively complete tasks as required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in both highly technical and non-technical environments with all levels of the organization. Effective presentation communication skills and ability to clearly explain concepts to diverse audiences.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation with a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and action when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters; ability to maintain tact and discretion.
- Ability to learn and understand broad knowledge of current and new technologies and practices in information systems.
- Ability to describe technical concepts to users and train users on applications and computer-related equipment.
- Ability to determine and provide technical support advice and corresponding client-centered services.
- Ability to write technical and non-technical documentation.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to keep IT skills and knowledge up to date.
- Capacity to work harmoniously and collaboratively with others.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines. May be required to work some non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends.
- Vacation time will need to coincide with project cycle(s) and low service periods.
- Position is not subject to the compressed work schedule.
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$26.83 – $30.67 per hour
CUPE Paygrade 21
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Compressed Workweek (Fortnight):
Tuesday, June 13 2023
People and Culture is committed to embracing, honoring, and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We remain dedicated to focusing our efforts on creating an inclusive employee community that fosters a sense of safety and belonging for everyone. We humbly acknowledge that we are just beginning our journey, which includes engaging in our own internal learning and creating a data-driven action plan that supports the integration of EDI practice into the work of People and Culture and the work we do with employees and leaders. Langara College welcomes applications from everyone including people from groups that are experiencing inequity including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please contact us.
If you were a temporary employee with CUPE Local 15 at Langara College who has worked within the last five (5) months of the closing date on this posting, please contact our recruitment team if you meet the criteria for internal status (850 hours worked) as per Article III.7.g in the CUPE Collective Agreement. Please quote the job requisition title and number with your previous employee ID and last day worked at the College. Please do not email if you worked at the College more than 5 months ago or if you worked in a different union.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume. In addition, those shortlisted with international credentials must have their education credentials evaluated through WES (World Education Services) and provide Langara College, People & Culture document evaluation access for employment purposes.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and for taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the number of applications received.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.