Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara's values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Langara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Senior Workday Application Developer – Security & Access
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Monday, November 27 2023
End Date (if applicable):
Tuesday, March 31 2026
Under general leadership of the Development Manager, the Senior Workday Application Developer develops and maintains the security configuration, integrations and reports, and operating production and non-production environments. As a senior member of a project team, the incumbent leads and supports systems in accordance with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes and procedures, guidelines, and industry best practices. This position is primarily involved with technical teams, staff, faculty, and student communities; and also provides technical support, assistance, coaching and mentoring to these stakeholders.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computing Science required from a recognized institution.
- Additional specialized industry training in programming languages, technologies and software development techniques.
- Minimum six (6) years of recent related application development experience with minimum of 3 years of proven experience with Workday HCM, Finance or Student.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience with Workday technologies – Web Service Application Program Interface (APIs), Studio, Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Report Writer, Cloud Connect, Business Process Framework, Configurable Security, Calculated Fields.
- Extensive experience and knowledge developing Workday integrations.
- Extensive experience and knowledge configuring, testing, and supporting Workday security, including domain security, business process security, role-based security, and user-based security.
- Extensive experience and knowledge with advanced Workday report writing, including matrix reports, composite reports and BIRT reports.
- Extensive experience with enterprise integration architectures, patterns, SOAP, REST, JSON, XML and XSLT.
- Experience implementing and supporting Banner HR/Payroll, Finance or Student an asset.
- Experience leading teams is an asset.
- Higher-education or public sector experience is an asset.
- Workday Pro accreditations or Workday certifications desirable.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to be a collaborative team player with a flexible approach.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to explain and demonstrate complex business and technical concepts to all audiences.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, projects and initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, flexible and willing to “lean-in” when needed.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to diagnose issues, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions.
- Exceptional analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new processes, methodologies, or technologies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with confidential and proprietary data.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$48.87 – $56.07 per hour
CUPE IT Paygrade I
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Compressed Workweek (Fortnight):
People and Culture is committed to embracing, honoring, and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We remain dedicated to focusing our efforts on creating an inclusive employee community that fosters a sense of safety and belonging for everyone. We humbly acknowledge that we are just beginning our journey, which includes engaging in our own internal learning and creating a data-driven action plan that supports the integration of EDI practice into the work of People and Culture and the work we do with employees and leaders. Langara College welcomes applications from everyone including people from groups that are experiencing inequity including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please contact us.
If you were a temporary employee with CUPE Local 15 at Langara College who has worked within the last five (5) months of the closing date on this posting, please contact our recruitment team if you meet the criteria for internal status (850 hours worked) as per Article III.7.g in the CUPE Collective Agreement. Please quote the job requisition title and number with your previous employee ID and last day worked at the College. Please do not email if you worked at the College more than 5 months ago or if you worked in a different union.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume. In addition, those shortlisted with international credentials must have their education credentials evaluated through WES (World Education Services) and provide Langara College, People & Culture document evaluation access for employment purposes.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and for taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the number of applications received.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.